Common Order Confirmation Email Issue

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 6 months ago #213025

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.bloomingdeals.co.uk/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3

Hi,

I couldn't find a section about emails so hope I'm asking in the correct section.

We are having a common issue with emails. I've seen several people experiencing the same issue but I've not come across a solution.

The problem is that the order emails get sent when the order is created, when we actually need them to send only once the payment has been made.

I noticed in the email listing support section ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...p-email-listing.html ) that the 'Order administrator notification' is the email that send this email, but at the end of the description it says the email will get send out 'potentially before it is paid'

Is there any way for me to make it so that the email only gets sent once payment has been made?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 6 months ago #213035

Hi,

Maybe the solution wasn't so easy in other cases because those were for the Starter or Essential editions of HikaShop, which don't have the configuration view you are linking to.

Anyway, don't get irritated by the words "potentially before it is paid". Since both emails are sent upon order creation (the one to the customer and the one to the admin), and with an order hardly been paid the moment it's created in the system, the emails you want to pay attention for in your case are
- Order administrator notification
- Order creation notification (to the customer)

Disable either one or both, as you prefer. The other emails, if enabled, will still be sent, such as the ones on order confirmation or other order status changes.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

8 years 6 months ago #213038

Thanks but the 'Order administrator notification' email is already published but I do not receive an email once the order has been paid for. I only receive this when the order has been created but not paid for.

So this isn't working for me, unless I have accidentally misunderstood your answer?

Thanks again

8 years 6 months ago #213041

Sorry, but adding up all you've said in your two posts, it's confusing... once it's about "order created" mails, then about "order confirmed" mails...

You know the documentation, you've linked to it, and for the emails that exist it's all in there.

Regarding orders, there are only two emails sent to the admin (if you publish these mails): one upon order creation, and one upon order cancellation. More don't exist, means by default there is no email to the admin upon a status change such as "confirmed" (= "paid", usually), because that's the payment gateway which notifies, typically - unless it's an off-line payment which the system doesn't see at all.
However, you could add the admin as BCC to the "Order status notification" for him to get notified as well.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

8 years 6 months ago #213042

Thanks, that makes sense.

8 years 6 months ago #213225

Thanks for the info. I know you say by default it isn't possible, but is it possible to hack some file to make it only send once order has come through?

We did a test with Sage Pay with a different website and by default the email gets sent AFTER the payment was made.

I am guessing the difference is because of integration with the payment gateway, but it does seem very odd that it sends the email prematurely before payment has been made.

If anyone knows if there is any file we can hack in order to get it to send the email after payment has been made, it would be really helpful. We have suppliers in Holland who receive the email so if we don't sort this there is no way for them to know if an order has been paid for, or whether someone has made the order and not paid for it.

Thanks again

8 years 6 months ago #213227

Again, things have been a bit confusing early on, but from what I understand, everything you want is possible with just a few clicks in the config and without "hacks", and it's all explained here: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...p-email-listing.html

Of course, you need to understand the difference in between "order created" (= before payment) and "order confirmed" (= after payment).

Admin emails:

• Email "Order administrator notification": unpublish it if you do not want to receive an email before payment has been made.
  • Then you will only receive the notification from the payment gateway after the payment has been made. Which seems to be what you want.

So, as far as HikaShop is concerned and as stated before and in the documentation, all you need to do is unpublishing the "Order administrator notification", and that will stop the sending of "premature" emails before payment to the admin.

8 years 6 months ago #213248

Thanks for taking the time to help, it's really appreciated.

Our problem is that the email we get from the payment gateway does not provide any information about the order (ie products ordered, customer address, etc). The only thing it provides is the total amount that has been paid into the account.

I understand you said that Hikashop does not have a default option to send an email AFTER payment has been made.

I think I might try to CC the administrator into the 'Order status notification' email which is sent to the customer. Hopefully this will work!

8 years 6 months ago #213252

reders wrote: I think I might try to CC the administrator into the 'Order status notification' email which is sent to the customer.

We're back at the beginning: As stated earlier, that's the simple way to make it work, again without any "hacks", and if you make it BCC, the customer won't even know. ;)

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 6 months ago #213226

Hi,

I believe lousyfool already provided the solution you're looking for and it doesn't require any code change.
Deactivate the order admin notification, and instead, add the email address you want to be notified after payment in the "BCC" field of the order status notification which is sent after the payment is made (all the time).

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds