Email Notifications

• Thank you received: 5
6 years 7 months ago #276845

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.p3proswing.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hi,

We were having issues with emails being erratic from our Joomla site, so we recently changed from using PHP Mail to SMTP. Everything is configured properly as I get all emails from our Contact Us forms (which use the default Joomla forms). However, we no longer get email notifications from HikaShop.

We changed the 'From Email' in Joomla->System->Global Configuration from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We also changed the Reply To email to be This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. instead of This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (as not all emails are sales related). However, when I go to Components->HikaShop->System->Emails and check some of the settings on the email notifications (Sender Information), they still have the old Joomla information there. Do these not read from the Joomla System after installing HikaShop? Is there a way to globally fix all these notifications?

Any help so we can get these emails again would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, until we get an order there isn't a convenient way to test the system.

In the interim, I have manually changed a few of the notification Sender Information data so it matches Joomla's Global Configuration

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by p3.chuck. Reason: Added note of changes made.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 7 months ago #276852

Hi,

The emails in HikaShop read from the main settings under the Email section of the HikaShop configuration. And you can override these main settings in each email if you want.
The main settings of the HikaShop configuration are set once from the Joomla configuration when you install HikaShop for the first time.
You can easily test the emails with the "email" button on the order edition page in the backend.

6 years 7 months ago #276923

Nicolas,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Well now I feel silly. I fixed the default HikaShop settings so the from & reply to are appropriate for what we are trying to accomplish. I'm not sure if the different From Address was the issue or not.

I did, however, realize that I could send orders with the 'Email' button. The irony is that if I sent the emails from that button, it always worked - however we are not receiving them when the order is first processed by the customer. Thus, why it is such a mystery to me why it seems to be intermittent.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 7 months ago #276930

Hi,

You say "was the issue". Does that mean that the problem is fixed on your end ?

The first thing to check when you have a problem with the emails is the menu Customers>Emails history.
If you see the emails there but not in your inbox, HikaShop sent the emails to the email server.
So then, the best is to look at the logs of the email server you're using (maybe only your hosting support can do that and in which case you need to provide them the details of that email from the Customers>Emails history). There, you should see why the email couldn't be sent to the receiver email server and if it says that the email was sent successfully, then it will mean that the email was discarded by the receiver email server (spam, wrong email address, email box full, etc).

6 years 7 months ago #277035

OK thanks for identifying that log. It would appear, based on that log, that the emails are being sent. I'll have to identify where they are being lost after that, because I know that I'm not getting them in Outlook or in our FreshDesk CRMS.

6 years 7 months ago #277322

I'm still working to resolve this, but I had another issue that may be related or may not.

When we receive an order that is paid by PayPal, it is no longer getting marked as 'Confirmed' when we receive payment. I can go to PayPal and see the payment, but it never gets marked in HikaShop. This was working previously, but at some point stopped. I'm not sure when it stopped though.

6 years 7 months ago #277324

I'll get back to you on this... It looks like the PayPal Plugin was not configured correctly. Not sure if this happened on an update or what, but it is fixed now. I'll know when we get our next order if it is working properly.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #277326

Hello,

For paypal issues, please check our documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nt-paypal-error.html

There is also a topic talking about modifications in the Paypal IPN and we provide a test plugin which will be include in the next HikaShop release :
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...sactions.html#273747

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds