quoting for custom items in Hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 6 months ago #277616

G'day,

I am about to create a website for a store which does standard items and custom items on request. I have found a few useful posts, but I am still trying to get my head around the workflow of the ordering so I have a few questions:

1. Do we need to create a "Custom item" or request form?
2. Can we populate a customer's shopping cart with a "custom item" for them to be able to pay as usual through the site? (how to ? ... We have tried and for some reason it doesn't work ... ) or can we create a "quote for a custom item" and email it to a client which they can then pay for?
3. Can we still have regular "stock" items and only a few individual "product codes" for these custom items?

I think that is about I can think of for this topic. I have others regarding shipping and accounting integrations which I will post in the appropriate topics.

note I have " " some terms as I have noticed that there is a variance in the use of some terminology as in australia invoices are sent and paid for and receipts are given after payment. ... Quotes are transformed into invoices when they are agreed to for services/products.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 6 months ago #277643

Hello,

A solution to what you need will probably be to directly create a custom field from the "Item" table via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields", but we'll need more information through some screenshots for example about what you exactly want to achieve to properly advise you.

Thank you.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 6 months ago #277671

Dear Mohammed,

Aside from our standard stock of items with small variations and options ... We have a Custom order enquiry form.

The main thing we want to be able to do is to be able to create an order/quote in the cart for the customer (I played with the Demo version and saw that it could be done and sent via email).

We would also need to include a payment method for the quote and shipping price with it so that our customer would just need to log into the site and see their order there in the cart with all the details of their request and be able to pay for it/check out as normal.

Or once in the back end via the Cart>create order options and the email is sent is the customer then able to pay as normal? (we have tried this a few times and have had problems with this .. i think)

I am a totally new at this ..

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 6 months ago #277676

Hello,

HikaShop is an e-commerce system but with some configuration, you can achieve something close to what you want to do.

You can see to create "quote" orders with a special order status (for example, for "free" orders).
Then, once you have edit the quote to fill the prices etc, you can change the order status to make it available to final payment :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...nfig.html#main_order

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds