Order Created / Confirmed Emails

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 7 months ago #277814

HI again,

Can someone please explain where the "Order Created" Emails come from? Let me explain why so it makes sense why I am asking.

When I create a new order, (checkout / pay for an order), I receive 2 emails, 1 that says Order Confirmed and picks up all my changes in the Order_Status_Notification template. The I receive a second email that the subject says Order Created, which doesn't contain any of my changes. Since I my customers never need to receive an order created since no orders will be allowed unless they pay first, there is no need to send this email.

Under the System>Order Status, I unpublished the "Create" email, however, I still get this email when an order is created.
So my question is actually 2 fold. If I wanted this email, where would I need to make the changes to the template? Is that where the "Order Notification" changes be made as opposed to the Order_Status_ Notification and 2, how do I stop this email even though I unpublished it, as well I unchecked Invoice as well, so everything has a red X . Either way it was my impression that publishing this would stop them from being created. I have attached the way its setup in System/Order Status.

Seems like nothing is as simple as it looks, there is also no help associate with this with the help button.

Thanks for the help

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #277816

Hello,

When you create a ticket in our support forum, please fill the information which are requested ; it really help the support team to know more about your website and provide you a more accurate answer.

Regarding the image, I can see that you're using HikaShop 3.x ; so you should have an access to the email listing (system > e-mail).
The "order creation notification" is a notification when an order is created ; it does not means that the order is created with the order status "created", just that an order is made up.
And the order status notification is send when the order status is changing or via the payment plugin you're using (but without knowing what payment you're using it will be difficult to tell you more about it).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #277908

Hi Jerome,

My apologies for not filling out all the details of the versions, but being very much a novice on this, and not a developer at all, and still learning (through the amazing help you guys have been providing, I don't really know where to get the version numbers from as I was told to be sure I did not "update" anything, however, I did find that the "About" for HikaShop is under "update/adbout" and the HikaShop version is 3.1.1. Other then that, i don't know the versions of any of the other app / plugins.

The payment Module(s) I am currently using are the USPS Plugin and the "Manual Plugin". My tests have all been done using the Manual Plugin because I am unable to find a way to test using the "Coupons / Discounts" features to provide free shipping to allow the tests to go through without having to invoke the Stripe Payment Plugin.

I am not sure I understand why the Payment Plugin has anything to do with when the Order Created emails is sent, but either way, I am just trying to stop the email from being sent to the customer when a new order is created, and only send the email that states that their order has been submitted and paid for.

So basically, I just need to know how to stop the customer from recieving 2 emails when they place an order. I only want them to get an email once the status is set to "Paid" they should not have any emails prior to that. The other emails for Order Status changes are fine and well needed. But not customer will be creating an order and not paying for it. Those type orders will be used for "Direct Sales" where customers will be placing custom orders, and for right now, this site using HikaShop will not be used for that. I will be using a completely different (already established) process for those.

So the bottom line is, why did unpublishing the "Created" order Status not do anything, and what do I do to stop this email from being sent to the customer every time an order is placed regardless of the payment method? The Order Status Notification emails are wanted, it's only the Order Created emails I do not want sent.

Thanks!

6 years 7 months ago #277949

Hello,

The "order creation notification" is a notification when an order is created ; it does not means that the order is created with the order status "created", just that an order is made up.

So you can simply unpublish the email in HikaShop > System > Emails.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 7 months ago #277957

Hi Jerome,

So rather then unpublishing the order Status as I did, I should unpublish the actual Order Created Email Template it self? Do you know if this has any other ramifications which I am over looking? This should only stop the email from going to the customer but all other emails to Admin, and Confirmations etc will all still work normally?

i want to be sure that doing so won't cause any effects that I don't want.

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate your help. You guys have taught me a lot and you guys have just been awesome!

Cheers!

6 years 7 months ago #277958

Hello;

If you want to know more about the emails and their purpose, please see:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-listing.html#emails

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 7 months ago #278007

Hi Jerome,

I have actually read that, but that didn't really answer my question, hence the reason for my asking the last question. Since I was incorrect that unplublishing the actual Creation "Status" I just wanted to make sure that if I unplublish the actual Created Email Template would I break anything else that I really don't want to break. It's not that I don't understand the templates, I just wanted to be sure I am not going to break anything that either I or the Customer needs by unplublishing this template.

Being as much as a novice with this as I am, I am just trying to be cautious to not break anything I don't want to. The link really doesn't tell me if I will break something I don't want to.

Thank you for that link though, but I have read that a number of times, and I am just double checking before I unpublish it.

Thanks

6 years 7 months ago #278024

Hello,

What do you want to break ?
The order creation notification email is :

Order creation notification : This email is sent to the customer after the order is created (potentially before it is paid).

And that's just that.
An email sent to the customer after the order is created ; an order potentially sent before the order is paid depending the payment method you're using.

So, what do you want to "break" by not sending an email ?
You will just, not send a notification for the order creation ; but the order status notification will still be there.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 7 months ago #278101

That is just what I was making sure of. There is NOTHING I want to break, but being that I wasn't sure what else could be using that email, I wanted to ensure I would not break anything. I don't think anyone intentionally wants to "break" anything.

My concerns was if there was some other component that might use the "Created" emails, I did not want to cause any problems down stream by unpublishing that particular Email Template.

You have to understand that not only is this my first go around with hikaShop, but this is also my first experience with an Ecommerce Website. Everything that I am doing here, (including the code changes etc) are all things that I have never done before. Sure I have 12 years experience in IT, Systems Admin, and Development Support, however, I have never owned my own website and never even seen the back-end of an Ecommerce site before I started using HikaShop. So there are many things that I am unsure of, and not having worked on a server which is shared by other customers and other websites, I haven't yet a full understanding of the entire process / work flow that goes with such a site.

Not knowing these things provides me a ton of questions to which I am learning all the answers as the days go by, I ask the (hopefully correct) questions, I test, and make changes and test again. Some of my questions may seem extremely fundamental, and possibly so novice your scratching your head wondering how I even get myself out of bed in the morning, but I ask the questions so that I can learn and make sure that I don't cause any problems in the end. I would rather ask the silly questions then break something. However, as you might have notices, I don't ask questions until I have done as much reading and research as possible first, and I never ask the same question twice because im a fairly quick learner. So in a round about way that was my way of apologizing in advance for some of these questions that may sound silly, however, it's better to ask for help now, then beg for someone to unbreak what I could have completely foo-barred by not asking lol

I hope you understand Jerome. However, as I mentioned the other day, because of the amazing help you all have been giving me and everyone else here, my site is live, and working great. The questions I have now are mostly the fit and finish questions, and ones that are giving my the confidence to move on to bigger and more complex things, and my questions are getting less and less. Because of everyone's patience with me I might even be able to start helping others soon! :) I would not have a working site if not for you all!

:D Cheers bud!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds