• Thank you received: 1
6 years 7 months ago #277820

-- url of the page with the problem -- : honeysuckleyard.com/index.php
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 3.0.1 [1703311301
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Product availability

We would like to finally start selling products through the website. However, we would only like to offer products that are in stock and not allow the sale of items that are out of stock. Can you please advise us of the setting to make this happen

Kitt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 7 months ago #277834

Hi,

HikaShop doesn't display add to cart buttons for products without any stock. And there is actually no setting to allow for that.
So that should already be the case.

6 years 7 months ago #277904

The problem we have is that the prices and add to cart IS visible. We wnat to start by making just the restricted products available. honeysuckleyard.com/index.php/component/...s/profile?Itemid=101

If you sign in as a Clinician then the product are available. Otherwise the system shows them as FREE , we need to change this wording to Available to clinicians. or something else where do we do:
1. Only show add to cart to Clinicians. All stock within stock shows as unavailable.
2.Chagne the FREE wording.?

Thanks

Kitt

6 years 7 months ago #277934

Hi,

So if I understand correctly, this has nothing to do with the stock (quantity) of the product, but the prices.
When no prices are found for a product, the word "free" will be displayed instead. That word can be changed with a translation override in order to adapt it to your needs:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
And if you have the add to cart button even though the product doesn't have any price, you just want to turn off the "display add to cart button for free products" setting of the HikaShop configuration.

6 years 7 months ago #278083

Hi

No you misunderstand.

1. At this stage we only want to offer products for sale that are IN STOCK. otherwise we don not want to display the add to cart button.?

2. Secondly. the products that we have to offer are in a user group "Clinicians" . These guys need to be registered doctors to be able to buy these products. If you look at these products honeysuckleyard.com/index.php as a normal NONE doctor on the site they appear to be FREE.? why.? We have entered a price for them.

Please help. Chris

Kitt

6 years 7 months ago #278115

Hi,

1. As I already said, there is no way that HikaShop is not already doing what you want.
HikaShop already automatically allow the purchase of the products that are in stock and do not display the add to cart button for out of stock products.

2. If you see "free" instead of a price, it means that no prices have been found by the system for that product for the user group of the current user.

Maybe you could provide screenshots to illustrate your questions because it seems that we're not talking about the same things here.

6 years 7 months ago #278149

OK i do appreciate you patience..

1. Ok ill look in to that.

2. Sorry your wrong. look at the attachments, because the item is in a restricted user group for Clinicians and available to the general public, it is showing as FREE. We do need to put this right. PLEASE. Even if we change the FREE to say something like restricted item that would help.

Thanks

Kitt
Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #278151

Hi,

2. I've already told you that you can change the word "free" to something else with a translation override:

When no prices are found for a product, the word "free" will be displayed instead. That word can be changed with a translation override in order to adapt it to your needs:

So it seems that what you're talking about was already answered, or am I missing something ?

6 years 7 months ago #278219

Ah. OK. based on previous example. you have sent me details of changes to line nos in custom.css or similar. ill take a look at what your saying now.

Kitt

6 years 7 months ago #278231

Nicolas.

1.You said When no prices are found for a product, the word "free" will be displayed instead. That word can be changed with a translation override in order to adapt it to your needs:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify . Ok ive changed the word FREE to restricted but. Im sorry we seem to have a misunderstanding. Items that we only available to a user group made :Clinicians" appeared to be FREE even though each item had a price entered. We have had this independently checked. You did make us concerned that we had got it wrong. But listing them as restricted is OK and not FREE should be OK.

2.Secondly, im sure that this in my misunderstanding but we only want to sell items that are in stock and need to switch this on. items without stock entered are still showing with and add to cart displayed. where do i go to switch this over. sorry my fault and lack of knowledge.

Regards Chris

Kitt

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #278233

Hello,

1 - ACL on price are used to provide a specific price for groups.
If you want to restrict the product to group ; best is to use the ACL on the product and not on its prices.
And by definition, a product without price is a free product. For sure you have a setting to forbidden the free products but it does not change the translation since a free product is still a product without a price.
Afterwards you might want to let your products visible for everybody and just allow specific groups to buy it ; then the solution you're using is the right one but yes, it requires some modifications in the translation to change the default behavior of an e-commerce system.

2 - The goal of the stock is to not allow customer to buy products out of stock.
HikaShop do not have "pre-sale" feature but it's in the TODO list.
You can find other thread in our forum talking about that feature request and some way to implement it manually.
For example : There are other ways to handle a display of a stock information without using the product quantity (which have the restrictions that you know) ; you can use a product custom field and display that field manually in the product page

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #278301

Dear Jerome, I dont understand anything youve said, So the way in which we want to run the shop cant be don.. is this what your saying.?

1. Im going to need help with "Afterwards you might want to let your products visible for everybody and just allow specific groups to buy it ; then the solution you're using is the right one but yes, it requires some modifications in the translation to change the default behavior of an e-commerce system". Who can we buy support from to help us configure this.?

2. So is there a way to only let people buy items that are in stock or not.?

Regards Chris

Kitt

6 years 7 months ago #278341

I think the solution is to "un publish" the regular products until we are ready to release them... hows that sound.?

Kitt

6 years 7 months ago #278326

Hi,

1. Here is a documentation which explains how to do translation overrides if you need to change text:
If you need help for customization, you can contact our partners here:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

2. Sure. Just set the stock of the product to 0. That will automatically remove the add to cart button for the product.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds