Is there a way to create an Order History Search Module?

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 7 months ago #278006

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1

Hi Guys,

I am aware that this is not "Order History Module" as order history goes, but I noticed that within the Order History, there is a Filter for order history to search for your order based on order number. Is there way to create a Filter that will work on order history? The idea was that I have a page that allows the customer to view their tracking info, shipping policies, and all the other good stuff, and I wanted to add an option to where the customer can be on that page, and yes there is a link to the actual "Order History" but was wanting to create a filter that would live on that page that would allow the customer to enter their invoice number and view the details of that order. Please see the attached ScreenShot which will show you want I wanted to have available if only there was a way to have that filter actually work for the Order History Only.

As I stated, I did read that there is no module that will do this, but was hoping there was a way to create a filter that could do this.

If not, no big deal.

Thanks much! Cheers!

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #278025

Hello,

HikaShop have a "order listing" menu.
And that interface have a "search" field.
See : demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/other-fea...-control-panel/order

What you want to do is a custom page and you want to include a form to "post" the search to the URL of the "order listing" menu you have configured.
It's a page creation ; it might be done just with a Joomla article ; no need of big development or else.
For the rest, I'm afraid that it's a bit outside of our support.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 7 months ago #278102

Well, This is one of those things that I will have to put on my list of things to work on for a future feature requehavst for myself. This is something that I need to learn how to do on my own because I really have no idea what you were trying to explain I do as I don't know anything about Joomla Articles, and I don't even know what parts of Joomla I have access to.

I know that I am not able to mess with any extensions other then what is installed and that my page has access to, and from a Joomla perspective, I have never touched Articles, and I don't believe my site is using them what so ever, so this is something I have no clues about.

Since I don't myself own any of the licenses for any of this, and i cthan't just go mess with things I don't understand, I am considering installing the free version of HikaShop and and the other extensions etc that my site is built using on my own personal IIS webserver so that I can start testing with some of this stuff that I am not comfortable touching on my actual site. My Developer owns all of this, and being that I have somewhat limited access I would rather make this particular request as future feature request for myself once I learn about Joomla Articles. Sadly, I don't even understand what Joomla actually is or does with regards to this site. That is how new all this is to me.

I certainly don't want you all to go into details on something that is beyond the HikaShop features, so no worries there. It's something I have to take the time and learn, but you have at least given me the direction I needed.

Thank you! Cheers

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 7 months ago #278105

Hi,

As Jerome said, the URL of the order listing page is demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/other-fea...-control-panel/order on our demo website. If you add the parameter "search" to it. You can have it search.
Like that for example (once you're logged in with the demo/demo account of course) :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/other-fea...nel/order?search=Y21
So as Jerome said, you need to create a HTML form with the URL of the form being the URL of that page, and inside, a HTML input with the name being "search" and it will work. That HTML form can be in a module, a Joomla article, etc, even another website.
If you know HTML it should not be complex to do.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds