Email not sent on confirmed order

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 4 months ago #281573

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.digitalguarddawg.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

A Hotmail user ordered product last night and my client saw money in their bank. However, no email appears to have been generated, either to the buyer or to my client.

There is an order from Oct 25 which was also a Hotmail user who also paid with a credit card and emails to both them and my client were generated, and received, correctly.

What reasons could this happen? Even if the buyer entered an incorrect email address, would not HS try to send emails?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #281592

Hello,

HikaShop have a plugin called "email history", that plugin store in the database every email that HikaShop is trying to send.
When that plugin is publish, you have a menu in your backend under : HikaShop > Customer > Email History.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 4 months ago #281642

I know and I've had it published for years. There is no email sent for Credit Card transactions. Period.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #281645

Sorry I don't understand your message.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 4 months ago #281762

trogladyte wrote: I know and I've had it published for years. There is no email sent for Credit Card transactions. Period.

You mentioned the email history plugin. I said I've had that published for years - I know and use it. That's how I know that no email was sent.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 4 months ago #281771

Hello,

If you already made sure that every emails was correctly published via "Hikashop->System->Emails", note that Hikashop uses the standard joomla email sending functions. If you have a problem only on ONE email, it means that the problem is the content of the email.
What you should try also is to send an email via the interface in sales when changing an order information. Does that work ? If yes, then, the problem is really the content of the order creation notification.
It could also be that your hosting company doesn't allow you to send more than one email per thread and at the end of the checkout, two emails are sent (1 to the customer and 1 to the vendor). So you might want to check on that with your hosting company.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds