• Thank you received: 1
6 years 4 months ago #281774

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.digitalguarddawg.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

All was going well till sometime after 10/26/17 (the last PPP order which sent emails). Since then, 3 PPP orders since then and no emails.

• I have checked in Customers | Email History and there are no emails for these orders to either the customer or admin.
  • All 3 orders are showing "confirmed" in the Order Status (assume this means they got a correct return from PayPal)
  • I have activated Debug, but no new PPP orders since then.
  • I have checked off all the options on www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification except I am awaiting confirmation that "The option "allow payment notifications from paypal" of the PayPal is turned off. You should turn it on. and You changed the IPs in the PayPal IPs option of the PayPal plugin. (assuming you mean the 3 credentials by this)." are correct.

Payments made with PP Std behave correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #281808

A new order cam in using PPP and no emails were sent. I looked in the log file as per HS documentation, and all there is is a long list of PayPal Transaction IDs. What do I do with them to help determine the issue?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #281787

Hello,

Paypal Pro is a not a redirecting payment plugin like "paypal".
There is no IPN with that plugin since the customer enter its credit card in your website ; a call is made to Paypal to process the payment and then the order is created directly confirmed.
So the email to the customer is the "order created notification".
And if you don't see the email in the email history listing, it's probably because you deactivated that email in the menu System>Emails. So please check on that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

6 years 4 months ago #281874

The email is still active. Although I hadn't touched it, in case someone else had, I checked.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 4 months ago #281887

Hello,

If you already made sure that every emails was correctly published via "Hikashop->System->Emails", note that Hikashop uses the standard joomla email sending functions. If you have a problem only on ONE email, it means that the problem is the content of the email.
What you should try also is to send an email via the interface in sales when changing an order information. Does that work ? If yes, then, the problem is really the content of the order creation notification.
It could also be that your hosting company doesn't allow you to send more than one email per thread and at the end of the checkout, two emails are sent (1 to the customer and 1 to the vendor). So you might want to check on that with your hosting company.

6 years 3 months ago #284702

Thanks for the reply Mohammed - this has slipped my mind to follow up.

None of the scenarios apply. Here are the facts:

1. ANY order made with the standard PayPal plugin works fine.
2. After much studying, it seems that ONLY emails to Gmail accounts made ONLY with the PayPal Pro plugin (credit cards) fail.
3. Orders are correctly generated for the scenario described in #3, and appear in the backend.
4. On checking the email log, no emails are sent for the scenario described in #3.
5. Both the notification to the purchaser, and also the notification to the shop owner fail. NO email is generated at all.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 3 months ago #284714

Hi,

I don't see why it would change based on the email address you're using as a customer.
HikaShop sends the emails the same way and they are logged in the Customers>Emails log the same way.
If there is some issue based on the email address, it would happen after that, when your email server is trying to send the email that HikaShop gave to it to the receiver's email server.

So please double check that no emails are in Customers>Emails log for the order you're testing.
And if that's really the case, then it can only mean that the email is deactivated in the System>Emails menu.
Otherwise, a fatal error at the end of the checkout would be able to do that behavior but that would mean:
- that you would get a blank page at the end of the checkout
- that you would get the same issue regardless of the email address used.

6 years 3 months ago #284742

Hi Nicolas

Sorry, my mistake for not checking more carefully. I asked the client if he'd received certain orders and he said they had. However, on checking again, I see no emails were generated for those orders.

So no emails are being generated for PayPal Pro orders. I had some customization on the order emails (right now I can't find what I did, but I've attached txt files of the customized emails in case you can see something glaring in them), so I went through and removed the customixation on them all to see if that makes any difference.

File Attachment:

File Name: ORDER_CANC...stom.txt
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Order_admi...stom.txt
File Size:28 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Order_noti...stom.txt
File Size:26 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Order_crea...stom.txt
File Size:32 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Order_stat...stom.txt
File Size:26 KB

6 years 3 months ago #284744

Hi,

So what was the result of that ?
Did you see any difference without the customization ? I couldn't see anything particular with them.

Also, do you have the setting "Order notification" activated in the settings of the PayPal Pro payment method ?

6 years 3 months ago #284859

Morning Nicolas

Just had the first CC order come through since the change - no difference, no emails sent. And, yes, order notification is turned on. This used to work, but stopped. After much to and fro-ing, it got fixed by you. Now it's stopped again.

6 years 3 months ago #284926

Hi,

Please provide a backend access along with a link to this thread so that we can have a look at the issue:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

6 years 3 months ago #285014

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

So what I can see is this:
- Your HikaShop build number is from the 10/24, just two days before you started seeing the issue. So that would indicate that the problem started happening after the update of HikaShop.
- I've checked our change log for the PayPal Pro plugin and we didn't change anything regarding the emails before at least february. That indicates that you must have updated from a version older than that. So maybe HikaShop 2.x ?
- The modification from february adds changes to the way the "send notification" option is handled in the plugin.
You can try deactivate that setting and see if that helps.
Besides that, would you be able to confirm what I said above and what version you've updated from ?

6 years 3 months ago #285024

Merry Christmas Nicolas

Thanks for the reply - no problem about the delay - it IS Christmas! :) :)

I can't be 100% confident regarding the previous version number. I see the current version I have installed is 3.2.1 (though I've just noted that there's a newer version available which I've just downloaded but not yet installed). However, I do have a copy of version 3.1.1 in my download folder - that may have been the previously installed version - it definitely wasn't a version 2.something.

For the setting you refer to, are you talking about "Send order ID" or "Order notification"?

Cheers

6 years 3 months ago #285026

Hi,

Sorry yes, the exact name of the option is "Order notification". So try deactivating it and see if that helps for the next order.

The 3.1.1 was released in June, so it already had the modification. So the code of the paypal pro plugin was roughly the same between the 3.1.1 and the 3.2.1. At least, it wouldn't change anything for the emails being sent.
So maybe it doesn't come from the update.

6 years 3 months ago #285074

Thanks Nicolas, done. I'll keep an eye on it and see if that changes things. It's a strange one seeing as the PayPal Std plugin works perfectly.

6 years 2 months ago #285287

Happy New Year Nicolas. OK so a CC order just came through and no emails were sent even with that switch off.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #285337

Hello,

Thanks for the report. Please re-activate that setting (since you want to get notifications at the end).
Would it be possible to know if you still have some details in the order history of the orders ? You should have the transaction ID stored.
I can think about (mostly) two possible solutions and the information regarding the order history will indicate in which direction which should perform our tests and analyze.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 2 months ago #285338

Turned the setting on again.

The last order that failed emails was J1F0F0G102 on 12/30.2017. Thanks.

6 years 2 months ago #285406

Hi,

Thank you. Thanks to that we were able to find that the issue happens when you set a return URL in the PayPal Pro plugin.
Change the line:
$cartClass->cleanCartFromSession();
to:
$cartClass->cleanCartFromSession(false);
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalpro/paypalpro.php and that should fix the issue.
We'll add the patch on our end too for the next version of HikaShop.

6 years 2 months ago #285407

Hi Nicolas

Great, thank you. I found what I think is the entry I should change. Mine didn't say:

$cartClass->cleanCartFromSession();

But, rather:

$class->cleanCartFromSession();

Which I amended to:

$class->cleanCartFromSession(false);

That was on line #545 in my file.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds