Ordernumber and Invoicenumber always the same

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #290734

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6

LS,

I hav an issue with the invoice that is created (with attachinvoice).

I understood that an ordernumber is always created, but the invoicenumber only when order is confirmed.

What I see is that after I confirmed the order, the invoicenumer is still the same as in ordernumer. This is not what I expected.

The ordernumber format is: OG-{id size="5"}
The invoicenumber format is: FG-{date format="m/y"}{id size="5"}

Why are the numbers the same? This is not what I expected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 weeks ago #290735

Hi,

What do you mean by the same ?
You mean that you get OG-0001 for the invoice number in the PDF ?
Are you sure that the invoice number has been generated in the order ?
Note that the invoice number will only be generated when the order status is changed to one of the order statuses enabled in the column "invoice" of the menu System>Order statuses.
And when the invoice number is not yet generated and you ask the PDF invoice plugin to generate an invoice, it will use the order number as invoice number because in some cases, people want to provide invoices before the orders have been paid (and thus the invoice number generated with the order status changing to "confirmed" ).

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #290770

Hi NIcolas,

Thaks for you help.

Note that the invoice number will only be generated when the order status is changed to one of the order statuses enabled in the column "invoice" of the menu System>Order statuses. This did the trick.

Indeed generating invoices was not active.

I'm using also the attachinvoice-plug in. The invoice is now send when the order is changed to confirmend. Is it also possible that the invoice is send directly when the order is made? The flow for my customer is then a little bit easier.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 weeks ago #290779

Hi,

Sure. You can use the "status override" setting of the plugin to enter the statuses for which you want to send the PDF invoice.
If you enter: created,confirmed
then the PDF will be included in both the order creation notification email when the order is created and the order status notification email when the order is confirmed.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds