Send Email ONLY After Payment

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #293381

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3

I have received a few Order Creations emails and I have to log into Paypal to check if the order has been paid. I would like to set things up so that it's easier to manage. Can you please tell me how to make the following changes:

1) I would like to get emails ONLY after an order has been paid for.

2) I ONLY want orders created in the backend after an order has been paid. Otherwise I will have a lot of abandoned orders in the backend.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 10 months ago #293395

Hi,

1. Turn off the "order admin notification" via the menu System>Emails and you won't be notified when the order are created.
You'll receive another email "payment notification" when the order is confirmed, after the payment is made.

2. This depends on the payment gateway you're using. The PayPal standard payment method doesn't allow for that.
You would need to use instead PayPal Pro. With it, the payment happens directly on your website when you click on "finish" and thus the order is created just after the payment is validated.
Most payment gateways works like PayPal standard: the order is created, the user is redirected to the payment page, the user pays, the payment gateway sends a notification to the website for the payment and the order status is changed to "confirmed".
And so you can only take into account confirmed orders. That's not something particular to HikaShop but to the workflow of the payment process. You would have the same behavior with the same payment gateways with other ecommerce solutions.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #293428

OK. Thank you!!

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds