Minimal total order price

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 5 months ago #300517

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

Hi.
Recently we had operational decision by our management, that orders below 1000 UAH should be transferred to our retail distributors. I would like to automatize this process, for example each time the minimal total order price is below 1000 UAH, I would like some sort of message like: "Please visit this page url... where you can find our products in retail and choose what fits you better." I tried to look in the mass actions for orders, but I have to list 1 permanent e-mail, so it's impossible for this type of mass action to be linked to the user's e-mail automatically. Could you please help me with my problem? Is this possible at all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 5 months ago #300519

Hi,

Mass actions won't help you as the mass action can only apply to orders after they are created and potentially paid by the user.
What you want is to prevent the creation of the order.
I would recommend instead to use the "minimum price" setting of the shipping methods or the payment methods so that when the total amount of the order is below the value entered in that setting of your shipping or payment methods, no available method is found. In that case, the checkout will block the customer and will display an error message saying that the total amount is too low.
And you can customize that message with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

5 years 5 months ago #300545

Thanks for your prompt answer, Nicolas. We didn't set any payment plugins yet. So if I understand correctly first I have to set for examle the basic plugin of HikaShop credit card, and then create a payment method where I can set minimal total order price? And as for shipping plugins we didn't set anything as well, because HikaShop doesn't have any plugins for delivery services in my country. Although I didn't quite understand what is the HikaShop manual shipping plugin? Does it refer to client has to take the order by him/herself?

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 5 months ago #300548

Hi,

The manual shipping plugin is for you to be able to enter manually shipping cost rules.
For example if you have different shipping costs for different weight ranges, you don't need a specific plugin. You can configure the rules by creating a shipping method of the type manual shipping plugin for each weight range and use the "price" and min/max weight settings of each shipping method to set that up.

And yes, in all the payment methods you can use with HikaShop, you'll find a min/max price setting to restrict the usage of the payment method based on the total amount of the order.

Note that the credit card payment plugin is for you to take in credit card information so that you can manually process the transactions with your own payment terminal (that's something some banks allow for). But in most cases, you'll want to use a payment plugin of a payment gateway so that the credit card transactions can be processed automatically.

5 years 5 months ago #300600

OK, thank you. Which plugin would you recommend for using automatic payment gateway? For instance, simple payment via Visa/Master Card credit cards, which are very popular in Ukraine.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 5 months ago #300608

Hello,

You can find the list of all available Payment plugin in HikaShop (or made by third party) in our documentation page ; just click on the tile "payment plugins"
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds