• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #301716

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1 Starter
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome updated
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

I just setup this shop and it works fine but one caveat. A customer purchased a product, entered their billing and shipping address (both the same) and checked out. The billing address is listed on the order created / confirmed emails but not the shipping address. Also, on PayPal, the shipping address is not stored there.

I checked the configuration as well as did research on HikaShop forums but couldn't find a solution.

Is there a setting somewhere that I can ensure the shipping address is included in emails as well as ensure that the shipping address is sent to PayPal?

Also, a couple of issues. The order status is still showing as 'Created'. Isn't it suppose to change to 'Confirmed' when the payment transaction at PayPal is completed? FYI, the order quantity was reduced from '1' to '0' so that seems to confirm that the customer was returned back to my clients shopping cart.

Is there a way to un-publish certain products, ie: when quantity has been reduced to '0' automatically?

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by LukeDouglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13065
5 years 4 months ago #301730

Hi,

The PayPal API only allows one address to be added to the transaction.
In the settings of the PayPal payment method, you have a setting to select which one.

Regarding the shipping address not included in the email notification, it's possible if there is no shipping method attached to the order. Maybe that's why ?

The stock can change either upon order creation or upon order confirmation. This is dictacted by the "Update the product stock on confirmed status" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
So if that setting is deactivated, regardless of whether the payment is made or not for an order, the stock will be decreased.
Regarding the orders not being confirmed, this means that the PayPal payment plugin is not receiving the payment notifications from PayPal. It could be an issue with how you configured your payment method, or something else on the server.
We have a documentation you can follow on that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification

If you deactivate the "out of stock" display setting of your menu items/modules, out of stock products won't appear on the listings of your website. Still the product pages will be accessible if accessed directly (like if someone click on a link to it from a search on google, which is a good thing for your SEO), but the customers won't be able to purchase the product in that case.
Now if you really want to unpublish out of stock products, you can run a mass action every minute to change the product_published to 0 if both the product_published is 1 and the product_quantity is 0.

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
5 years 4 months ago #301791

Nicolas,

My HTACCESS file did have a lot of security code but I have commented out all of those codes. Once everything looks fine, I will uncomment the code and see if everything works fine. I do have HIkaShop working fine on other sites that 'do' have these HTACCESS security coding.

There is no shipping charge as I only have the one 'Free Shipping' record in the Shipping plugins.

In the Configuration / Product, the 'Update the product stock on confirmed status' is set to 'Yes'. As payment was received on this order, the quantity was reduced to '0' but the status was not changed to 'Confirmed'. Not sure why. :(

I checked the PayPal plugin settings and there was 'No Address' for the Customer Address. I have changed it to Shipping Address. On the setting 'No shipping' is it set to 'No'. In the RESTRICTIONS section, I added the 'Free Shipping' to the Shipping Method. The 'PAYPAL_RETURN_METHOD' is set to 'Yes'. Invalid and Pending status is set to 'Created'. Verified status is set to 'Created'.

Does 'Verified status' mean payment was completed? If so, then I should change this status to 'Confirmed', correct?

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by LukeDouglas.

• Thank you received: 13065
5 years 4 months ago #301798

Hi,

Hi,

If you set the "verified status" to "created", instead of the default "confirmed", it means that you want the payment method to change the status of the orders to "created" when the payment notification is received.
That's one of the reason orders wouldn't be confirmed, and in fact, that might be the only reason on your website. So yes, you want to change that to "confirmed".

Regarding the stock being decremented even though the order wasn't confirmed, it's possible as it also depends on how you configured the order statuses in the menu System>Order statuses. For example, if you selected "created" under the "confirmed" column, then the created status will be considered as a confirmation for the stock update. That could explain the situation.

The following user(s) said Thank You: LukeDouglas

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds