Manual creation of order for customer, can they pay via CC after?

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 2 months ago #303064

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error

I'd like to be able to manually create an order for a customer with custom items and prices from the administrator, then allow the customer to pay for it through the website using the Square payment plugin, is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
5 years 2 months ago #303087

Hi,

Yes. It's possible. In the backend, you have the "new" button you can use in the Orders menu to create new orders.
Once your order is created, you can change the status of the order to a specific status and send the notification to the customer.
The customer will get a notification email with a link for the payment.
Now this requires that you set that specific status as "unpaid" in the menu System>Order statuses and that you activate the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" setting of the HikaShop configuration so that the system understands that this status is for orders that need payment so that the payment link is added to the email and works.

The following user(s) said Thank You: TonyP

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 2 months ago #303137

Thank you nicolas. I did as you said and did a test order and the email sent with the Pay Now link at the bottom of the email.

Then I tried to be clever and changed the name of "unpaid" to "payment requested" in the Order Statuses page. This must have caused an error because then the email that sends doesn't have the Pay Now link at the bottom of the email.

I went back to the Order Statuses page and tried changing the name back to "unpaid" but the namekey wouldn't change back to "unpaid"

I then unpublished the "payment requested" item and created a new "unpaid" status, the namekey is "unpaid" but still the emails do not show the Pay Now link.

There is no way that I can see to Delete an order status after it is created?

Can this be fixed? Should I reinstall HikaShop?

• Thank you received: 13063
5 years 2 months ago #303152

Hi,

There is indeed no way to delete a status once you create it but you can unpublish it. If you really want to delete it, you can remove it from the hikashop_orderstatus table via your phpmyadmin.

Note that the name of the status shouldn't be a problem. However, it has to be enabled under the "unpaid" column of the System>Order statuses menu. Please check on that.
If that doesn't help, please provide a screenshot of that page and provide step by step instructions of what you do (with screenshots) so that we can understand exactly the situation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds