Product Quantities

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 2 months ago #303496

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.2

How are the 'quantity' for products and variants related? It appears that the quantity field for a product which has several variants has no effect at all. I've tested it with unlimited and with a value and it never changes—what is its purpose and/or how does it function?

When an order goes through, the variant quantity changes but the product quantity—no matter the value—never changes.

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by dagroupinc. Reason: Clarification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 2 months ago #303513

Hi,

The product quantity is supposed to change along with the quantity of the variant.
And if you leave the quantity unlimited in the variants and set a quantity in the main product, then it's the main product quantity which is shared by all the variants.

5 years 2 months ago #303622

We have quantities set up for each variant and we set the quantity of the main product to the total of all the variants for a product. While the quantity of the variant changes when an item is purchased, the quantity of the main product does not change.

So for example, if we have 5 variants with 2 items available for each we have 10 products. If we enter 10 into the main product quantity and then an item is purchased, the variant will show a change from 2 to 1, but the main product quantity remains 10 and does not change.

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 2 months ago #303665

Hello,

I think I get your point, if I follow you well in your mind product and variants quantities work like this :
Main product quantity: 10 (main product)
=> in the details :
- 2 red (variant product)
- 2 blue (variant product)
- 2 yellow (variant product)
- 2 green (variant product)
- 2 orange (variant product)

I understand your idea but this not like this you have to set your quantity, see my scheme for the exact same product conditions :
- 2 red (main product)
- 2 blue (variant product)
- 2 yellow (variant product)
- 2 green (variant product)
- 2 orange (variant product)

Hope this will help you to move forward on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Philip.

5 years 2 months ago #303680

So then the Main Product Quantity is not used for the product total? You show it as 2 when I would think it should be 10.

5 years 2 months ago #303684

Hi,

I think Philippe didn't understood the subject of this topic well enough.

I actually just tested again on my end with the latest version of HikaShop and the quantity of the main product is updated when the quantity of the variant is updated after the order is confirmed. So I'm not sure why it wouldn't work like that on your end. Could you double check and make sure that you can reproduce the issue ?
I don't remember we fixed anything regarding that in HikaShop 4.0.2 so even with HikaShop 4.0.1, it should still work the same.
Maybe updating would help ?

5 years 2 months ago #303745

We are running Hikashop v 4.0.2 and Joomla v3.9.2

I just tested it this morning and the problem still exists. For the product I tested, we have a total of 8 products across all the variants. When I purchase one (1) the quantity across the variants changes (to 7) but the total quantity for the main product does not change and remains 8.

Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #303747

Hi,

I don't see how that's possible. Please provide a backend access, a FTP access, precise instructions to reproduce the problem and a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can have a look as this works just fine on my end:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds