custom_fields.php on line 13 - Additional informat

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #781

When in checkout i got this message:

Additional information
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../public_html/components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/tmpl/custom_fields.php on line 13

Can´t click on "Next" either - just reload checkout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 4 months ago #782

Hi,

To remove the warning you can just edit the file components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/tmpl/fields.php and change the code

$this->setLayout('custom_fields');
			$this->type = 'order';
			echo $this->loadTemplate();
by the code
if(!empty($this->extraFields['order'])){
			$this->setLayout('custom_fields');
			$this->type = 'order';
			echo $this->loadTemplate();
		}

Now, it has nothing to do with the fact that when you click on next it reloads the page without displaying the next step. Normally, when that happens either that was because something changed in the order (like for example if you select a shipping method or something like that), or because there is a problem and it displays you an error message that you can't see because your template does not include the joomla messaging system: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/61.html#messages

13 years 4 months ago #784

Thanks Nicolas for fast reply!

Error message is gone - but i now understand i "need" it in order to see whats wrong.
Unfortunately I don´t get the message to show - i have tried Rhuk milkway and purity but none of them show me the message.

I will try to go thru the settings and hope it lets me continue, thanks for help!

13 years 4 months ago #786

Ok. If you're stuck, you can post the link to your store and it might be enough to tell you the problem.

13 years 4 months ago #789

Thx Nicolas. i successfully adjusted Shipping and i can now complete a deal but "Additional information" is still there. Is it a possible feature to make hikashop "validate" in backend - ie "green/red" light indicate or text letting the admin know whats more need to be done (in settings).

I also got another (bug?) problem.

Right now im having only one shipping method - when user choose payment and click next, he has to click next again.

The problem is that hika dont relize that shipping method is selected (it is), so when user click next first time, hika relize shipping method but user then has to click next once more.

Can send you URL if you want to test.

13 years 4 months ago #790

For the "addtional information",
You need to replace the same file with the file in the archive included in the package added to this post.
We will do a release today with this fix.

For the shipping method selection, that's the actual behavior. The problem for now is that the default value is decided in the shipping view of the workflow but the cart data is loaded before all the views. So, the cart is not updated with the selected shipping when it is decided in the view. We could do that, but then, if the cart view is displayed before the shipping view on the same step, that would mean that the shipping would be decided but the cart already displayed would still display the price without the shipping and on clicking next, the user would go to the payment method with the price he saw plus the shipping price without seeing again the cart with the good price. In order to avoid that, the system is done like that.
That could be changed but it means we mean to decide of the default shipping method not in the views but in the controller and rework a bit the system because it would have to be done only if the shipping is on the same step than the cart, otherwise, the shipping view display would be skipped as the system would think that the shipping was already selected.... Not straight forward to do.

File Attachment:

File Name: fields.zip
File Size:0 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 4 months ago #796

Thanks again Nicolas for your fast feedback!

I´m not a coder myself - so here comes a maybe a stupid question.

Would it be possble to change shipping methods "radio buttons" and use drop-down in some way?
First option in drop-down would be "Choose shipping method" - letting users use the drop-down to "active" choose method.

ie Shipping method is represented by name in drop-down - when user choose "UPS" the information and price will be display (under).

I don´t know if it become more logical this way or if it "help" solve "next and next again" problem.

13 years 4 months ago #798

Hi,

It would be possible by extending the shipping view but first you would have to know PHP to be able to do it and that won't change the problem of the next button.

13 years 4 months ago #820

Ok, thx

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds