Prices listed under products askew since upgrade

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3318

Hi,
I just upgrade to 1.4.0 stable yesterday, and now the product prices that are shown under the product image overlap the image on the majority of the items. Not all though, some are still spaced correctly as they were before I did the upgrade.

I didn't change anything myself, so I don't know how to fix it. Here is a link to page on website that will show what I am talking about.
Some of the prices show fine, some overlap the image. I tried resizing the thumbnails since this problem happened, and it does no good, with the smaller thumbnails, the prices just move up with the images and still overlap.

I am really new to joomla and hikashop, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is some easy fix that I am just too clueless to figure out on my own. :blink:

Any help you could give me would be so appreciated. It looks really wonky to have these prices askew.

Thanks a ton!

:) Erica

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
13 years 4 months ago #3329

Hi,

I went to your website and everything seems fine.

That problem came from the fact that you had customized your CSS. When you updated you didn't get the new CSS we added and got that styling problem.

Adding a display:block for the prices and product name in the CSS solves the problem.

13 years 4 months ago #3331

Thanks so much for your help. I appreciate your taking the time to go look. Is there a way for me to get the new css that you guys added? I have no idea how to add a display block for prices or product name, but will see what I can do. I did change the css, to get bigger font size and lighter colors, though still not sure how I did it....
Again, so new, and fairly clueless, but will manage!

Thanks again, least I know it's something I did :)

13 years 4 months ago #3333

You can always select the default CSS in the configuration under the tab display in the CSS area. That will revert to the hikashop core CSS file.

13 years 4 months ago #3334

Thank you very much, I will give that a go. Update- It's already set as default for both front end and back end hikashop.... :(

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by kaitrinn7.

13 years 4 months ago #3335

So, I selected "none" for front end css and applied, then selected default again (it was already set on default) and nothing changed. It's still overlapping the images with the prices on some of the products.

Also, I didn't change css code in hikashop when I was messing around with the size and color of fonts. I went through the template css to do that in the template I am using for joomla. Maybe it affected the hikashop css somehow that of course I wouldn't realize.

I could remove the template I am using and reinstall it I guess and re-try to fix the fonts and colors once I see if the hikashop prices work right again.

Sorry, I am just lost as it was working fine until I did the update, but it's free and I love hikashop, so I can't complain!

13 years 4 months ago #3336

Not sure if this would help to know, but also since updating, my modules for latest products and products shown that ppl might be interested in show 2 titles, not one like before. If I try to turn it off, both disappear, of course.

13 years 4 months ago #3337

Maybe it's just a problem of refreshing your browser cache.
Since I don't see any issue and you see an issue, it is probable that your browser cached the old version of the CSS. Could you clean your browser cache and see if that fixes the problem ? Otherwise, could you try with another browser ?

13 years 4 months ago #3338

For the problem of having twide the module name, that's something we will fix for next release at the beginning of the week.

13 years 4 months ago #3340

I did try the deleting cache for browser (firefox) and also the cache in joomla, actually quite a few times. As far as viewing on a different computer, I did have someone else check from their computer, and they see the same issue I see. So this specific page should show the difference in how the prices sit. On the top row of women's clothing, second from the left is askew, the other 3 are fine, below that, all three rows are funky.

If you can't see it I think I am going to wonder if I am losing my mind.... :unsure:

Oh, thank you for letting me know about the fix for module name coming up!

If I remove hikashop completely, and reinstall just the component itself that I was using before I did the update yesterday, so I could have the prices normal again until maybe the next update next week, would I lose all the products I have already added?

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by kaitrinn7.

13 years 4 months ago #3342

Ah ok. You're right. I was testing with google chrome and it is displaying fine with this browser. However, using firefox, the prices overlap with the thumbnails.

The problem is that your thumbnails have a height of 115px. But in the configuration you have set an height of 100px. That's probably because you uploaded your images with a height of 115px and then changed the height to 100px. You should try to rename the thumbnails folder (in the components/com_hikashop/upload folder). That should force the system to recreate the thumbnails automatically. Alternatively, you could but back the height of thumbnails to 115px in the configuration under the tab files.

13 years 4 months ago #3343

First, again, THANK YOU for your help. Seriously, this is going above and beyond and I sooo appreciate it.

I just tried to set thumbnails back to 115 in the configuration files, that didn't do it. I will try the other thing you suggested....

13 years 4 months ago #3344

You can try to add the CSS code below in the hikashop CSS:

.hikashop_product_image{margin-bottom:5px}

13 years 4 months ago #3345

Ok, the first two things didn't work, will try adding the little code now...

If this doesn't work..do I need to delete all the images and re-upload them all?

13 years 4 months ago #3346

YAY! The little code worked, thank you soooooo much! :) :) :)

13 years 3 months ago #3875

Hi, is there any update to the titles showing up twice issue?

13 years 3 months ago #3876

That should be solved if you get the latest version of HikaShop.

13 years 3 months ago #3885

I have version 1.4.0. Is there a newer version then this? If so, could you paste up a link for me please? Thanks!

13 years 3 months ago #3886

The latest version is 1.4.1 which was published 2 days ago. You can download it on that page: www.hikashop.com/en/download.html

13 years 3 months ago #3899

Fixed! Thank you very much!

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds