Emails not being sent

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #4844

Hi, yesterday emails would be sent to me if someone added stuff to the cart, then clicked Next and arrived at either the PayPal screen or the Bank Deposit screen.

Now, I don't receive any emails at all.

I've checked Configuration, Email tab, and my email addresses are in there, as they were yesterday. And it's the same as the Joomla email address.

I can't understand what has happened. It's just stopped. I do tests, and I don't receive any emails ... ?? From HikaShop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #4847

Okay, I just received an email from HikaShop saying that someone had paid via PayPal. Havent received an email from PayPal, but I suppose that's their problem (different email address).

However, I'm still not receiving an email if the customer chooses "Bank Deposit" .... ??

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 2 months ago #4856

There are a lot of possibilities for that.
If you don't specify an email address in the option "Order creation notifications email address" in the config then the order creation notification email won't be sent.
It could be because you were black listed for spam issues.
It could be because you reached the email send limit of your hosting company.
etc

I invite you to check on the documentation on acyba.com for all the possible cases emails can not be send:
www.acyba.com/fr/support/documentation/1...g-sending-issue.html

13 years 2 months ago #4866

Hi, I have it set in Order creation ... ;
I don't think it's blacklisting, as I use a two step process for an online booking.

First I use an aicontact (joomla module) form, grabbing their name, email and requested date of the booking. That form, upon send, is then directed to the products list.

I receive the email instantly from that form.

I have my site on a shared server, with no problems with full inboxes.

Now, having said that. I did receive the email from paypal, and I did recieve the email from Hika if someone pays by paypal. But NO email if someone chooses Bank Deposit.

I actually just got an email for a paypal payment.

What is the difference with the Bank Deposit choice??

13 years 2 months ago #4867

The order creation notification email is strictly the same whether you choose paypal or bank deposit. It uses the same config, the same email content. There is not event he payment name in the email. So there is no reason it would work for one and not the other. Which is why I pointed the hosting limitations.
If you happen to reach an email limitation, some emails might be blocked and then when the limitation period is reseted, emails will work again.

13 years 2 months ago #4868

It's weird, I just did another test and it didn't come through.

And yet the paypal ones do.

Is it at all possible i've disabled something, or mixed something up, by removing all registration and editing the Workflow.

13 years 2 months ago #4869

You're talking about the order creation notification email to the admin, right ?
In that case, as long as you fill the option "Order creation notifications email address" in the config with a valid email, the email will be sent.

If you use the business edition, just to be sure, could try unpublish the geolocation plugin and try again ?

13 years 2 months ago #4870

I use the essentials edition.

And yes, the order creation notification has my valid email address in it. The same one the aicontact form uses to send me the first email, and the same one in the Joomla Options Configuration.

It's late, i'll check back tomorrow. Can I do the geolocation plugin in Essentials?

13 years 2 months ago #4872

The geolocation is only available in the essential edition. So if you have the essential it's sure that it doesn't come from that.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds