All Hikashop Links broken

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #6738

I just installed Hikashop after removing Virtuemart. All Hikashop links are broken, no cart pages display when clicked on. For example, I have a product on display on the left menu. When I click on the image, the link takes me to http://localhost/joomla/index.php/component/hikashop/product/show/cid-1/name-electronic-medical-records-book/category_pathway-0.html which does not display.

If I manually insert the URL http://localhost/joomla/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=11&name=phone&Itemid=58&category_pathway=0&lang=en this link in the browser, the result in the content pane says "HikaShop, Joomla Online Store Component"

If I manually insert the URL http://localhost/joomla/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=1&Itemid=58&lang=en [/color]I do get the product to show up.

I have tried multiple times, changes, but the links never work.

I have a windows system, using IIS as the web server. I am using MySQl 5.5.8, PHP 5.3.5.

I get the same result whether or not I am logged in.

The site is a local site which is not yet on the internet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
13 years 1 month ago #6740

Hi,

Are you sure that you configured your SEF correctly ? So far no one reported such problem on product pages so it's highly possible that it could come from something like that.
When you activate the SEF in joomla, you need to change the htaccess.txt file of the root of your joomla folder to .htaccess. Otherwise, not only the hikashop links won't work but all the other links on your website.

13 years 1 month ago #6791

Thanks Nicolas for your response and idea. I spend quite a bit of time installing SEO, IIRFS, etc. but that did not help (please see report on IIRFS which seemed to be installed ok). When I installed SEF, it seemed to solve that problem. I had to remove SEO for the links to work however, too bad for optimization.

Now the cart displays from a link, but it is much too large, so I will have to find the CSS file and customize it.

The site is missing some navigation buttons (eg next when wanting to check out), but that may be the size problem above. Do you think that is the problem?

We are looking to download ebooks, after payment. Any references to help on that topic?

Thanks again for your help!!

13 years 1 month ago #6798

What is IIRFS ?

You can customize the css in the config under the tab display in the CSS zone. By doing it from that interface, it will enable you to update hikashop without loosing your modifications.

The next button will be displayed once you login or register. Before that, you should have a register and a login button.
If you don't see the next button after logging in, it might be because of a CSS problem whereby the button would be white on a white background or something like that.

You can just attach your ebooks to your products in the "files" zone of your products and they will be available for download on the order details page once the order is completed.

13 years 1 month ago #6847

Oh, sorry. IIRF is a rewrite filter, which is required to enable SEO on the site in Joomla. But I could not get that to work, it would crash the world wide web service when I tried, so I just shut off SEO.

Sorry but I can't find the "tab display in the CSS zone"? How to I get to that interface?

When a customer logs in to complete his order, I don't see any tabs, nor does the customer detail information get filled in after log on (e.g. address, etc.). Is that correct? This would allow correction of wrong information.

Still can't see any next tab, and when I put my mouse in the area, no indication of a white on white object below (mouse never changes style to hand...)

I put an eBook pdf in the files area of the product. Can't wait to try it out. I hope it will only be available for download after the customer order has been paid for???

Thank you.

13 years 1 month ago #6848

You need to go in the configuration screen of hikashop in the backend. There you have several tabs. One of them is called "display". If you click on it, you will see a lot of options. One of the areas on that page in the CSS area. There, you have an edit icon where you can click on in order to edit the CSS file of hikashop.

Could you make a screenshot of the checkout once you're logged in so that we can see the problem ?

Yes, once the order is confirmed, the user will be able to download the files of the products in his order on the page of that order.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds