• Thank you received: 1
9 years 8 months ago #165173

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 2.5.10
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

Hi, Apologies for the second post in two days - just getting a few teething problems!!

I have installed and configured the Barclaycard EPDQ plugin for Hika by SellXED. The plugin works perfectly with a single payment method published and we have been running tests with no problems.

We need to have duplicates of the payment methods in order to have a charge for using credit cards and no charge for debit cards, although the plugin can not tell the difference between the cards we will just publish them as credit card and debit card.

The problem comes when you try to copy a payment method, at the check out process if you try to select one payment method and press finish you just get a page refresh and no forwarding to the EPDQ.

I have tried the following:
Delete all payment methods, clear cache etc and start again.
Add the payment methods and test one at a time.

The problem only occurs when you have a copy of a payment method running.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
9 years 8 months ago #165177

Hi,

I would recommend to contact the developers of that payment plugin. Maybe the plugin doesn't support multiple instances or maybe it doesn't supports it properly.

9 years 8 months ago #165437

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the reply, I have contacted the developers of the plugin who say that there is not a problem with it and that the problem is with Hika Shop. They are not very helpful to say the least which is not good when you have paid 170 euro's :(

I know that it is a third party pluging etc but any help you could give with this would be appreciated, the duplicate payment method is a big part of the functionality needed and I am sure that someone knows how to get it to work!!

I can give you access to the admin on the site if that helps??

We are also happy to pay for a little bit of dev work if it is something that may take a bit of time to fix :)

Many thanks

Andy

9 years 8 months ago #165445

Hi,

Could you start by providing a link to the shop and a screenshot of the options of the Checkout tab of the configuration so that we can analyze a bit what's going on ?

9 years 8 months ago #165499

Hi Nicolas,

The shop is at:
www.ice-fire.co.uk/2012-06-12-13-05-52/h...r-categories-listing

There are currntly two payment methods set up, one of which is a copy

Thanks

Attachments:

9 years 8 months ago #165522

Hi,

Try to turn on the "auto submit shipping and payment methods selection" option of the configuration and see if that helps.

9 years 8 months ago #165593

Hi,

Tried to turn on the auto submit, this causes a slightly different problem:

You can not change between the two options available but one of them will go through to the payment portal.

9 years 8 months ago #165795

Hi Nicolas,

Did you have any more ideas on our problem, I have tried several different things including turning off SEF and deleting the payment methods then re publishing new ones.

I have tried with auto submit on and off with no luck

It seems that everytime there is a copy of the payment method there is no redirect to the payment portal

Any help greatly appreciated

9 years 6 months ago #172319

Hi,

I'm currently reviewing old threads which were left unanswered for a while.
Not knowing the code of the plugin, it's hard to say anything. If you still have the problem, could you provide the code of the plugin maybe privately via our contact form ( www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html ) ? That would allow us to look at it to see if the way it is coded allow for multiple instances and if we can find any issue with that.

9 years 6 months ago #172326

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for posting back to see if the problem was sorted.

We managed a workaround in the end as customweb who supply the payment plugin were not very helpful at all. Really can't stress how poor thier support is for what is the most expensive payment plugin for Barclays EPDQ. Spent about 2 weeks going round in circles with them, even offered to pay for a modification to the plugin but they were not interested.

What we wanted was the option for the customer to choose Debit card or Credit card and to pay a fee for the credit card only. Fairly simple!

Thought this would be simple by creating two payment methods and having one with a percentage fee. Every time a copy/duplicate of a payment method was published it would not work.

Their plugin works by creating a payment method for each specific card type - visa, mastercard JCB etc.

In the end we managed the same end goal but using a service provided by Barclaycard EPDQ called split card. Our account with them is now able to distinguish between debit and credit and charges for credit only.

Now when a customer chooses a Visa on our site they get taken to the EPDQ page and at that point they can choose between credit or debit, all we do is warn the customer that the charge will be applied after the final checkout in Hika Shop.

It was not the perfect solution but it works and we are very happy with the rest of Hika Shop

:)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds