PayPal emails me: IPNs are no longer processed

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #176220

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.19
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.31

Since a few days, I'm receiving a warning e-mail from PayPal saying that PayPal's Instant Payment Notifications (IPNs) are no longer processed by my server. I've changed nothing in the last weeks/months on payment method settings, do you have any idea where this comes from?

Thanks!

Eppo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 5 months ago #176254

Hi,

Please check in the payment log file in Configuration > Main > Files if there is any error reported.
If not, so there is maybe more clues in your php log file (server side).

9 years 5 months ago #177733

Hi, in the payment log file no errors reported.

On the server side access logs, I'm seeing this message: [30/Oct/2014:12:24:27 +0100] "POST /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&lang=nl HTTP/1.0" 403 1520 "-" "PayPal IPN ( www.paypal.com/ipn )" "-" "-" 173.0.81.1 [mydomain].com pid:32049 713784 0 8000 312020 64004 157.55.39.205 - -

9 years 5 months ago #177734

And this is -according to PayPal's email the URL causing troubles sending IPNs to:
http://www.[mydomain].com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&lang=nl

• Thank you received: 13063
9 years 5 months ago #177743

Hi,

The payment log file is empty because the notification doesn't reach HikaShop.
You can see in your apache log that the status of the payment notification is 403.
This indicates that the payment notification was stopped by the SEF system of Joomla.
Your PayPal IPN URL is missing the Itemid parameter in it which helps the SEF system of Joomla finding the correct extension.
Instead of
/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&lang=nl it should be /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&lang=nl&Itemid=XXX where XXX is the id of a menu item of HikaShop (ideally a HikaShop checkout type menu item that you selected in the "force a menu on checkout" option of the HikaShop configuration.

9 years 5 months ago #177792

Hi Nicolas,

OK, and how can I change this IPN URL?

9 years 5 months ago #177834

The current itemid parameter is passed to PayPal by the PayPal plugin automatically.
I see two potential reasons why you might not have it:
- the "force a menu on checkout" option of the HikaShop configuration is not set to a menu item of the type hikashop checkout that you can create via the Joomla menu manager (as I explained in my previous message).
- you have entered the IPN URL in the options of your PayPal merchant account and thus it overrides the one sent by your website.

So please check these.

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
9 years 5 months ago #178534

Hi,

I am also having trouble with IPN errors.

- The IPN history shows the item as 'Retrying', with error 403
- The URL it's trying to send to is
annpickardsugarcraft.com/index.php?optio...t&lang=en&Itemid=117
- 'Force a menu on the checkout' is set to the correct menu item ('Online shop': Id is 117)

So why can't Paypal locate this page?

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #178590

Hi,

If you have enter some IPs in the Paypal configuration ; the plugin can return a 403 error page if the call is not made by a listed IP.
So you can empty the field "IPs" or use the button "refresh IPs".
But when such error came out, the plugin send you an email to notify you.

The plugin can also generate an 403 error when it can't reach the paypal server to confirm the IPN.
It try to open a socket to the paypal server and if it can't, it send an email to you and generate a 403 error page.

So please, check these two elements and check your emails to get more details.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
9 years 5 months ago #178955

Thanks for your help, Jerome. I emptied the IPs field and now the IPNs seem to send correctly. I will keep an eye on things but hopefully this seems to have been sorted out now.

9 years 3 months ago #184038

Similar issue here:

I've refreshed the IP's about 4 or 5 days ago as we were getting delayed confirmations through up to 48 hours after having already shipped customers orders. This of course meant the order which had already been dealt with suddenly reappeared as a new order.

Having refreshed the IP's although Hikashop doesn't process the order to the next stage for Paypal orders from created to confirmed we are now no longer having the delayed confirmation and reappearance issue.

Today we have now received an email from Paypal below:

"Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

www.acrespetproducts.com/index.php?optio...t&lang=en&Itemid=XXX

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,
PayPal "

So not sure how to proceed. Have checked the Configuration / Main / Files Report and it shows:

"Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification Could not load any order for your notification"

Any help would be appreciated before Paypal blocks our IPN's.

Many thanks

Acres :)

9 years 3 months ago #184057

Hi,

This indicates that you entered the URL www.acrespetproducts.com/index.php?optio...t&lang=en&Itemid=XXX in the IPN URL field of your PayPal merchant account.
First, when you do that, you should enter the id of the Itemid not XXX.

Normally, emptying the IPN field of your PayPal merchant account, like @Leilahodgkins did should avoid the problem.
But otherwise, you can check this documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
Check each point, look at your server's access log for the payment notification URLs and you should find information on why your payment notifications are not going to HikaShop with all the data from PayPal.

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

9 years 3 months ago #184078

Hi Nicholas

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for your quick response.

Wolkietalkie.com is a different domain to ours ....

Can you re-post the link to the documentation you mention as the link posted is broken.

I'll read through the over the Christmas break and correct and test :)

The XXX - I removed the 3 digits from the link as I didn't know if they were important to the security of the website??

All the best

Acres

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by AcresPetProducts.

9 years 3 months ago #184126

Hi,

The link I gave is working fine. Just click on it and you'll see that it works fine.
The XXX simply indicate the menu item id, it doesn't change anything in terms of security for your website.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds