Conditional fields based on payment method

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 months ago #229202

-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.8
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : FF44

I have set up my solution with 2 payment options. For all values payment by Stripe is available. There is a 2nd payment option to lease our products (through a business partner) that is only available for orders over £1,000. That part I have used the "purchase order" option as "lease" payment method and used the available parameters to configure that perfectly.

However a customer using the "lease" option needs to provide more information and I would like to use conditional fields. Is there any way to have additional fields appear based on payment method? I am happy for the fields to be on the next stage of the form with the terms and conditions acceptance which would make the flow acceptable for both methods.

I have experimented with your conditional options but can't find a method of triggering fields (therefore populating the next step) based off payment method.

Any hints?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
8 years 2 months ago #229220

Hi,

There is no option for that.

If you're a developer, what you can do is start with this:
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/877364-p...-checkout-steps.html
Use that principle to display or not the custom order fields based on the payment methods selected. And to knwo the payment method selected, you can use this:
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$payment_id=$app->getUserState( HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.payment_id' );

The following user(s) said Thank You: teamtmedia

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 months ago #229329

Thank you for the pointers. At this stage I will leave it that we send an application as soon as we receive this kind of order. Once the site is up and stable I can look at developing this locally and with time on my side. Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds