AUP Payment Method not working

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 9 months ago #243950

I have installed and configured AUP and Hikashop with 2 types of products - one that takes Money and the other that takes only Points.
When a customer adds a product that is POINTS only,, the system does not seem to recognize this, and only displays the options set for USD Currency Types. I have restrictions in the Payment Methods set to restrict Points payment to AUP Points currency and Cash,Check & Credit Card to dislpay for USD orders. I have set the product that takes Points as currency correctly, but cannot get Points to display as an option in checkout, and it always display CC, and Check payment methods. How can I set the Product to absolutely be Points only??
Admin user and password available on request!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 9 months ago #243982

There is no "points" currency in HikaShop.
Normally, you set the price is USD in your products and you set the points rate in the user points payment method and it does the conversion for you.
And if you want to have products you can purchase with points and others you can't purchase with points, you can user the restriction options of your payment methods for that. For example, if the products you can purchase with points have a volume (dimensions) and the others don't, you can use minimum and maximum volume of your payment methods to differentiate them.

7 years 9 months ago #243995

Hi Nicolas,
I understand how Points work. I bought Hikashop to sell 2 types of products, both virtual. 1 set of products are to buy POINTS, which I have setup with plugins from AUP and HS.
The other is a virtual product I only want to buy with points.
I have 2 currencies, 1 is USD and the other Points
I have set the restrictions in the payment types so that Points should only populate as a payment options for currency Points.
I have restrictions on the Cash, Check and Credit card payment types to USD currency
The problem is that Hikashop is not recognizing the product I am selling is using currency POINTS, and displaying only the CC, Check payment types. IF I remove the restrictions off Points Payment type, then Points payment populates.
The Product in question DOES SHOW the price as $75 (Points).
If I make the Points Currency the Default in config, then all products only want to use Points as Payment Type. The Restrictions are not working. This is my only issue, I do not understand your reply, you are basically telling me I chose the wrong e-commerce program and should go elsewhere. Please help me, I am getting very frustrated with Hikashop and the support.

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 9 months ago #244004

Hi,

When someone arrives on your website, a currency is chosen for him so that he can browse your website and see the prices of the products in his currency.
If you don't use the geolocation plugin, then the main currency is used as current currency.
This means that the prices of the products are loaded with the current currency and if the price of the product is in a different currency, the price is converted to the current currency thanks to the conversion rate of the currencies.
Then, when you reach the checkout, the payment methods display based on the current currency of the cusotmer (so the main currency in your case) if you restricted by currency your payment methods.
So what you're experiencing is normal based on how you configured your products, your shop and how HikaShop works.

I never said that you chose the wrong ecommerce program or that you should go elsewhere. Where did you get that from my message ?
I simply told you that you can't have a points currency and base the payment methods on that as it won't work like you expect it to work. I gave you an alternative to do what you want. If you didn't understand something in the solution I provided, like me know what you didn't get and I'll be happy to explain further on that point.

7 years 9 months ago #244042

So the restrictions on currency do not work, and neither product has dimensions, so what do I do? I was under the impressions that if there is a restriction set on a payment method to appear for a specific currency, that it would only appear for that currency set in the product. How can I get this simple function to work?

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by cmtrig2.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 9 months ago #244054

Hi,

The currency restriction for payment (and shipping) methods is working fine, like the other restrictions that you can find in the block "Restrictions" while you configure a payment/shipping method.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 9 months ago #244098

Hi Jermome.
As I mentioned, I already have the restrictions set in the Currency Type to show for either Points (for the one product that is set to Points as a currency) and the other Currency Types (cc, check) to show when USD is the selected currency. I have the product that is 75 Points set to Points as the currency, but it displays like this: $75 (Points).
I believe the plugin is not seeing this product as have points set as the currency. Can anyone in support login and see if they can help get this setup correctly? It is possible I have something set incorrectly, and I have gone through the settings and products a dozen times, read the documentation over and over and I believe I have a grasp on Hikashop - this is why I believe this issue may be a bug.
Thank you in Advance, I can provide a login for support to use, but I'm not sure if it would be private here or not...

7 years 9 months ago #244100

Hi,

Please provide screenshots of your "user points" configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 9 months ago #244195

Would you like to login? Where can I send the login?

7 years 9 months ago #244202

1st shot is the AUP Pay with Points payment method screen

2nd is the product that has points as currency set. There are 7 variants of this product, all set to Points as currency.

Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago #244478

Any word on this? I can accept if I am setting the system up wrong, can someone help me troubleshoot this please?

7 years 8 months ago #247675

Hi,

Nicolas wrote :

I simply told you that you can't have a points currency and base the payment methods on that as it won't work like you expect it to work. I gave you an alternative to do what you want. If you didn't understand something in the solution I provided, like me know what you didn't get and I'll be happy to explain further on that point.

Your configuration is based on the currency ; unfortunately we told you that it won't work as you want.
The currency is global in the website, so the customer can choose USD, EUR, etc.
The "user points" is there to use points in order to pay an order with. That order should have a real currency (USD, EUR, ...)
So the customer can choose the fake currency "Points" and the all store will display prices under that currency. But it will also mean that products could not have price and that HikaShop will have to convert prices from "USD" to "Points" (and vice-versa)

The "user points" system for the payment part has not been design to let you pay only for specific products.
The part which give points have such kind of features but not the payment one.
It is mostly because a payment method should be able to pay an entire order and you can't have two payment methods for one order. The "user points" payment plugin is still a payment plugin like you can use during the checkout ; maybe in the future there will be a new plugin which will only provide discounts using points but the first version of the plugin has been designed like that and we have to keep that compatibility otherwise it will break a lot of websites using it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds