Paypal Admin Emails

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 4 months ago #256988

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.mojooutdoors.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : Latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.5

Why does the paypal payment plugin send two order status notifications to the admin email? I understand that hikashop creates the order and it does not switch to confirmed until AFTER it receives a notification from Paypal that payment has been received.

Is there any way to stop the admin account from receiving order notifications marked "CREATED"? The customer still needs to receive both status updates, but the admin notification only needs to come once the order is marked "CONFIRMED."

I had to turn it off because our warehouse was shipping out duplicate orders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
7 years 4 months ago #257040

Hi,

The admin doesn't receive a order notification when the order is marked confirmed.
He recieves one when the order is created. You can deactivate the "order admin notification" via the menu System>Emails if you don't want it.
The admin also receives a payment notification when the payment notification is received by the payment plugin.
It's also possible to send a copy of the order status notifiation which is sent to the customer when the order is confirmed by adding your email address in the BCC field of the order status notification email via the menu System>Emails.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #274137

Is there a way to change the paypal plugin to only send email after the order is "CONFIRMED?" Sending one after creation and confirmation is a little much and confuses customers. Would make more send to put a check that only sends when order is marked confirmed.

Also, can you only send the "order admin notification" on confirmed? Should be a way to filter by order status.

Just trying to streamline the order processing. As it stands now, we are getting two emails that appear as duplicate orders. Hard to double check them all when we have hundreds of orders coming through.

6 years 8 months ago #274138

Hi,

That's why there are two emails sent to the customer. Simply disable the "order creation notification" email via the menu System>Emails and the customer will only receive the email sent after the order is confirmed.
And that's the same for the order admin nofication. Disable it and you'll only receive the "payment notification" email that is sent to the shop owner after the order is confirmed.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #274224

Maybe i phrased my question incorrectly. The problem as of now has to do with multiple emails being sent to customers and only one sent to admin. I've seen numerous requests for this change throughout the forum, but most just use the BCC as a hack.

Description of problem:

Paypal sends two emails to customers - > 1. Order Creation (creation email) and 2. Order confirmation (status email)

and one email to admin -> 1. Order Admin notification (only shows created status)

Normal credit card processors send one email to customers (creation email) and one email to admin (order admin notification).

I am wanted to ONLY send the confirmation email to customers and i want a CONFIRMATION email ONLY sent to the admin. Surely this is something simple to make happen in the plugin files???

6 years 8 months ago #274243

Hi,

That's not how HikaShop works by default.
HikaShop sends 4 emails. Two to the customer and two to the admin. One after the order is created for each, and one after the order is confirmed for each.
So to do what you want, you should just disable the emails that are sent after the order is created and you'll be left with only the two emails sent after the order is confirmed, which is exactly what you're asking for.
So there shouldn't be a need to change the plugin files.
Just configure your shop to do that if that's not already the case.
If the admin is not receiving the payment notification when the order is confirmed, then it means that you must have emptied the "payment notification email address" setting of the HikaShop configuration or that you've entered an invalid email address there.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #274772

The First Data Payment method only results in one email to the customer (Order creation) and one email to admin (Order admin notification).

Paypal, however, sends two emails to the customer (Order creation and Order Status when payment received) and one email to admin (order admin notification).

I want only one email sent to the customer and to the admin ONLY when the order is marked CONFIRMED. For paypal, obviously I would just unpublish the order creation email, but that would stop any emails using the First Data Payment method.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 8 months ago #274776

Hello,

You can perform an email override to not send the order creation email when the status is just "created".
Because you have two kind of plugins, the payment can be made when the order is created or later ; that's why you have two different workflow.
It's not related to HikaShop but how the payment gateway are working (like if they need an order id, etc).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #274809

Makes perfect sense.

How do I go about creating the override?

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 8 months ago #274828

Hello,

You can access you HikaShop emails, in HikaShop Configuration, on System dropdown select Emails.
You will reach your HikaShop Email listing, and find in the toolbar the "Help" button to se how to manage this customization.
Of course some Html & Php knowledge will be required.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 7 months ago #276121

To alleviate this problem, we have started managing the orders from the backend of hikashop with custom order statuses to keep up with what orders have been processed and shipped on our end. Much safer and more efficient than relying on admin emails.

Thanks for your help!

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds