Why NO Square API?

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 6 months ago #279249

I had the Square plugin developed a couple of months ago along with the Afterpay plugin and currently getting a TNT plugin done as well.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
6 years 6 months ago #279255

Where can we get find them?

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
6 years 6 months ago #279336

I would like to use Square with HikaShop as well; two sites. Is the plugin available? Is the Afterpay conversation separate from Square....are they two separate plugins/payment system?

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 6 months ago #279392

My problem with paying third parties to develop APIs is that once they're done there is no further support. Developers disappear, go bust, move on or just want more money to fix problems. I've done it many times, spent thousands of $ only to find that each time Hika or Joomla has an update, the component no longer works. As such I have a rule to ONLY use components/plugins that are native to and developed by Hikashop. That said, right now I would happily pay Hikashop for a Square payment plugin. :) :) :)

6 years 6 months ago #279397

That depends on who you use. I have a very good developer who does my work for me. DO NOT USE FREELANCERS!
Next plugin on the cards for me for Hikashop is ZipMoney. No offence to the Hikashop team but if they wanted a leading cart system they should listen to their customers a bit more and get ontop of these plugins that are requested. Afterall most are just API based and can be created in a reasonable amount of time ie: 20 - 40hrs and would create a lot more sales for the cart system. I nearly pushed Hikashop away myself for this reason but then instead opted to get my own plugins made which unfortunately isn't cheap and has cost me neary US$1,500 to date but for me running 2 hikashop carts is worth it for me in the end to the sales I generate. Paypal is becoming less favourable to my shoppers because a company can only manipulate people and businesses for so long before we wake up and say enough is enough. Hence why I went for Squareup and got rid of Paypal Here.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

6 years 6 months ago #279399

I don't know if I want to put my plugins up for 2 reasons. I don't know if they will work in every version or template even though they work for both of my websites and secondly I wouldn't have the time or experience to troubleshoot the plugin with you if there was an issue. Sorry.
Probably the best bet would be for Hikashop to purchase it off me and then they can test it and release it. Don't know if they would do that though.

• Thank you received: 33
6 years 6 months ago #279419

Hello,

I would like to use Square with HikaShop as well; two sites. Is the plugin available? Is the Afterpay conversation separate from Square....are they two separate plugins/payment system?

Regarding the AfterPay payment method, it seems to be a different payment platform than Square.

We can eventually also develop it.

My problem with paying third parties to develop APIs is that once they're done there is no further support. Developers disappear, go bust, move on or just want more money to fix problems. I've done it many times, spent thousands of $ only to find that each time Hika or Joomla has an update, the component no longer works. As such I have a rule to ONLY use components/plugins that are native to and developed by Hikashop. That said, right now I would happily pay Hikashop for a Square payment plugin. :) :) :)

We'll be more than happy to develop it for you, we're actually long time trusted Hikashop partners as you can see through their partners page .
We are also currently selling 5 supported and updated payment plugins directly through Hikashop's website as we are Joomla! and HikaShop experts.

If someone is interested, free to contact us through our website if you need to develop any payment plugins as we are looking to develop more and more Hikashop payment plugins which will be directly available through Hikashop's website.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
tsukidev.contact[at]gmail[dot]com
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Tsuki Dev.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzmang, webbits, Philip

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
6 years 6 months ago #279466

People will pay for a Square plugin if it is available.
I know I would and my clients who wanted it.

But I think it is a different matter when asking them to pay for the full development of one.
Especially when they look at other cart options out there that already have it or is built in.

This tread shows there is obvious demand for a Square plugin in HikaShop.
Both site builders like myself and site owners have asked about it.

At this point, it is up to any developer to spend the time on it and sell it.

I think right now the community would appropriate a clear answer:
Is HikaShop developing one or is a Partner developing one.

Either way, we don't have one and would like one

My recommendation is for an official partners plugin place on the HikaShop site to list the actual plugins.

Right now we are stuck trying to go through dozens of pages on the JED, and it is hard to tell there who is a partner. Posting here on the forms isn't the easiest way to discover this kind of thing either. When someone is evaluating HikaShop, they need an easy way to see what all the available plugins are, including official 3rd party partners ones like a Square payment plugin.

6 years 6 months ago #279474

Hello,

We actually planned on developing an Hikashop Square payment plugin which will be available through Hikashop website when released.

We'll try to keep you updated about its development as much as we can through that thread.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Tsuki Dev.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzmang, webbits

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 6 months ago #280002

+1 for the square plugin, would pay for this plugin 100%

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by 41global.

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 5 months ago #282647

Hi Mohamed,

Just wondering how you guys were going with the development of Square plugin for Hikashop. Please advise of any timeline if available.

Thanks

Swapnil
Pixels and Strokes

6 years 5 months ago #282666

Hello Swapnil,

We just nearly completed a big project so we'll start the development of an Hikashop Square payment plugin during following weeks, thanks for your interest !

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip, snevgi

6 years 5 months ago #282674

Hi Mohamed,

Would you like me to send you what I have. I already have the plugin

6 years 5 months ago #282679

Hello,

Sure it will probably enable us to develop it faster ! Feel free to send it via : tsukidev.contact[at]gmail[dot]com

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev

6 years 5 months ago #283006

So we must ask and ask to get updates... here it is...

Please add Square ... pretty please.... WE NEED IT! sooo badly- BEGGING! tired of waiting... and.. add more..

Hikashop is SUPER awesome but its somewhat behind some of the newer stores. A lot of us use Hikashop as our main e-commerce solution, however, its lacking some of the good stuff for "today's" mobile based lifestyles like drop shipping... not sending an email upon order, which is the only option currently with HikaMarket.. (lame).

Ecwid, for example, is a Joomla eCommerce store that allows for drop shipping .. this is super helpful if you're a smaller business and need 3rd party manufacturing and fulfillment services. If Hikashop offered this, life would be so much easier as it relates to getting our stores up and running. HikaMarket is cool but it doesn't compare to some of the other options and we're waiting..... and paying.. and waiting.. and paying.

Please for the love of humanity.... get to the important updates and integrations FASTER, it seems another payment will be due before any updates or integrations are added.

Can you also add some more modules that are responsive? Help us out HIKASHOP owners & workers... we need a better HIKA experience.. not like the styles plugin... btw was also a horrible investment it just changes the colors.. for how much again.. Hmmm.. don't milk us. HELP us make $money$ .

WE are in desperate need .. just look at the forum... HIKA, HIKA, HIKA - we stay loyal to quality.... not feelin' the love for the money

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by citybuzzdigital.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsuki Dev

6 years 5 months ago #283020

Hello,

Please add Square ... pretty please.... WE NEED IT! sooo badly- BEGGING! tired of waiting... and.. add more..

As we said through our last messages, we'll actually work on it so an Hikshop Square payment plugin will probably be available in following weeks/months.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev

6 years 4 months ago #284587

Hi Mohamed,

Are we any closer to having square payment plugin? Looking forward to some great news!!!

Cheers,

Swapnil

6 years 4 months ago #284615

Me too. Also looking for Square API.

6 years 4 months ago #284631

Hello,

Thank you for your interest we're actually working on it !

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
The following user(s) said Thank You: snevgi

6 years 4 months ago #284709

Great to hear that Mohamed. Look forward to the completion of the project. Good luck and thanks :)

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds