Russian payment and delivery methods

• Thank you received: 6
6 years 8 months ago #274484

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 54.0.1

Yes, I know that this topic has already been raised, but I want to raise it again...

The market of Russian Joomla users is very large. At the same time, I can not say that Russian users prefer specific shopping cart component. I know for sure that none of the popular shopping cart components have built-in payment and delivery methods that are popular in Russia. Yes, there are separate plugins, but there is a problem with them (more about this below). Moreover, if some shopping cart component already contained built-in methods of payment and delivery popular in Russia, it would immediately allocate such a component among the other components. Also when a potential shopping cart user choose a component, the availability of payment methods and delivery from his country often becomes decisive.

The reasons why I do not like existing plugins:

1. The main reason is that they contain a closed source code to bind the plugin to a specific domain. That is, I do not know what is hidden in the encrypted part of the code and I can not use such plugin on another domain. This is significantly different from the European sales policy, when we buy a component / plugin we get support for one domain, but we can use them on other domains and there is no a closed source code.
2. I sincerely believe that only the developer of the component itself can develop the best plugin for it.

So I want to ask why you do not want to significantly increase the popularity of your component among Russian users? After all, among them will be those who want to purchase a commercial version, it's obvious.

In addition, for you it will not be difficult! For example, one of the most popular payment method in Russia - Yandex.Money ( checkout.yandex.com/ ) has a documentation in English: tech.yandex.com/money/apps/ and there also is PHP API SDK with sample app: github.com/yandex-money/yandex-money-sdk-php/ . For example, accepting bank cards for payment: tech.yandex.com/money/doc/dg/reference/p...al-payments-docpage/ .

Please think about it - it's worth it!

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by alin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 8 months ago #274504

Hi,

Regarding your second point, while some third party payment plugins for HikaShop are indeed sub par compared to what we could have done, some others are really great and we couldn't have done better than that. And most of them are properly written.

Now regarding your question:

So I want to ask why you do not want to significantly increase the popularity of your component among Russian users?

That's not it at all. We would be happy to increase the popularity of HikaShop in Russia.
Here are some points as to why we might not work on a specific plugin (be it one for Russia or not):
- Developing a payment plugin is not that simple. It requires a lot of work and when it's done, you need to keep maintaining it. While some can be developed easily in less than a day, most of them require several days and some of them even several weeks of work.
- If the documentation is not in English or French, it's just not possible. We tried once with Chinese documentation and it took too much time and too much trial and error.
- There are hundreds of payment gateways out there. If a third party developer already has a payment plugin developed for it and it's working great, then we prefer prioritizing other plugins for which there is just no solution for now. That way, there are more payment gateways supported for HikaShop. On top of that, undercutting your own third party developer community to do the same thing is not a nice move to them and they'll probably stop developing plugins for your solution if you keep undercutting them like that.
- Developping a payment plugin is "relatively easy" compared to adding features inside the core of HikaShop as there is a lot of things to take into account when you develop for the core while a payment plugin is limited to the payment plugin API with a clear structure of how things should work. So we prefer leaving that work to third party developers so that we can focus on things that only we can do.

Now, we did note your interest for Yandex Money.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alin

• Thank you received: 6
6 years 8 months ago #274522

Hi,

thanks for the detailed answer!

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds