PayPal Express

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #275117

Hello,

We have been using PayPal IPN standard plugin but are trying to replace this with the PayPal Express plugin, since we need instant confirmation which this plugin does well, if we set to show checkout in the cart it works well. But we want to offer it as a payment method as we do with PayPal IPN and WorldPay. But we cannot get it to show, we have set everything the same as PayPal IPN. any suggestions why it is not showing as a payment option?

Many thanks
Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 8 months ago #275119

Hi,

That's normal. The goal of the Express checkout is precisely to skip the checkout on your website so that the customer do it on PayPal's interface.
So instead of displaying as a normal payment it displays a specific express checkout button on the cart module/cart view so that the customer can click on it to skip the checkout.
There is no way to have it work like a normal payment plugin. That would defeat its purpose.

The PayPal IPN confirmation should also be instantaneous. On our website, the IPN is done at the same time the customer is redirected back to the shop. So I don't see why switching to Express Checkout would be needed.
Why do you think that the standard plugin doesn't have instant confirmation ? I would start with that.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #275264

Hi Nicholas,

Because sometimes there is a delay with the paypal IPN or we are just not receiving them. So we wanted to use the PayPal express so the checkout is do all in one request. Rather than waiting for an IPN response.

Can you add the ability to show PayPal Express in the checkout screen?

We shouldn't need two plugins to handle a paypal checkout surely?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 8 months ago #275269

Hello,

Can you add the ability to show PayPal Express in the checkout screen?

Nicolas told you

There is no way to have it work like a normal payment plugin. That would defeat its purpose.

So I'l reformulate : No, we can't.
The goal of paypal express is to have a full checkout in Paypal website.
So everything you'll do in the HikaShop checkout will be completely useless (= lost).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds