Customers recently been receivin error message for American Express transactions

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 8 months ago #275717

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.onychair.com
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.6.2 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Transaction Status: Declined (Authorization with the card issuer was successful but the transaction was declined due to both a card code mismatch and an address mismatch with the information on file with the card issuing bank based on the settings in the Merchant Interface.)

Our payment gateway is through Authorize.net, lately we've been receiving phone calls from customers who are trying to pay through American Express, but been getting the following error: Transaction Status: Declined (Authorization with the card issuer was successful but the transaction was declined due to both a card code mismatch and an address mismatch with the information on file with the card issuing bank based on the settings in the Merchant Interface.)

However, we we take the payment over the phone and process directly through our merchant account the transaction is captured.

We recently switched merchant accounts but made no changes on our settings and contacted Authorize.net prior to reaching out to your, but they state are settings look fine and are set to receive payments from American Express card holders.

Do you have any idea why this is happening all of a sudden? And please provide a solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 8 months ago #275726

Hi,

Both the error message and what is said about that message that I could find online point at an issue in the settings of the merchant account:
community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Int...D-message/td-p/33975
Please check that the merchant account is not configured to reject certain card code responses.
From what I understand this comes from the AVS settings of the account:
support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A649
It's strange because Authorize.net support should have been able to tell you that much.
So I don't understand why they're just saying that your settings are fine.

The following user(s) said Thank You: onyc

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 8 months ago #275771

I have reached back out to Authorize.net with your response, and they seemed to have found a solution ;)

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds