Payment method when creating orders - Demo

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 7 months ago #277654

G'day just playing around with the demo version at the moment trying to figure out a few things.

i like the Cart - Order creation and emailing feature btw.

I would like to know if the payment methods will have to be all set up to be able to be included in the email when creating and order for a customer and it will then be sent. We use Eway and want to create custom quotes for orders for our clients to be able to pay via eway/hikashop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 7 months ago #277658

Hi,

So if I understand correctly, you want to have the users not pay directly at the end of the checkout, but after the administrator reviews the order and sends them a payment link.

That sure is possible.
You need to remove the "payment" view of the "checkout workflow" setting of the HikaShop configuration, disable the payment methods in the menu System>Payment methods, and when sending them the email, you can use such link:
yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=order
so that they can access their orders listing.
If you activate the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" setting of the HikaShop configuration, they will have their a pay button for their order. And you can configure the status in the menu System>Order statuses if you don't want them to be able to pay their orders from that page before you reviewed their order.

6 years 7 months ago #277726

Well Nic,

I would like to be able to do both as we have standard products that clients should be able to just purchase and get.

But also we have enquiries for custom items or special commissions and we would like to be able to have say ... a generic Custom product , price - POA. which we can then use to create an order for the client with the appropriate price and description. The client can then go into their login where it will be there in their cart.

They can then review the custom product/commission price and then pay for it ...

I am not sure if I have explained it properly.... will try the below:

1. Customer sends us a custom order request.
2. We talk about the custom order requirements via email (currently not in hikashop message?)
3. We create a custom order/item to be place in their shopping cart
4. Customer gets notified that they have a custom order to review?(atm we are just emailing them)
5. Customer logs into the site to view their shopping cart with the custom order/item in it
6. Customer pays for the custom order/item
7. Usual notifications and process are done.

That is the basic work/order flow as I see it at the moment. in your demos I can create orders and email a customer, but there is no link to be able to may payment via our eway payment gateway. and I have not been able to get in a the customer to see if it is in my cart or not in order to make payment for the item.

I am still very new at all this stuff and have only just started learning all this a week or two ago. I hope that the above helps to clarify things.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #277762

Hello,

I got the impression that you're asking the same thing that in your other thread :
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...ems-in-hikashop.html

Would it be possible to not duplicate your questions ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #277768

Jerome,

This is more specifically to do with the payment gateway integrations ... the other was with the creation of quotes, though that would lead to the payment method.

As my queries have to do with 2 different areas and I have noticed that admins ask to create other topics having specifically to do with their own areas ...

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 7 months ago #277774

Hi,

Well, my answer still answer to your problematic:

when sending them the email, you can use such link:
yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=order
so that they can access their orders listing.
If you activate the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" setting of the HikaShop configuration, they will have their a pay button for their order. And you can configure the status in the menu System>Order statuses if you don't want them to be able to pay their orders from that page before you reviewed their order.

if you do just that, without changing the checkout workflow, you be able to have people purchasing normally your products on your checkout, and you'll be able to create custom orders in the backedn and give a link to the customers so that they can pay for them on the frontend once you've negotiated with them.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds