Multiple Authorize.net accounts via Payment Method Restrictions

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 7 months ago #277791

In a store I have I am trying to process payments to 2 different Authorize.net accounts. One account is for orders where sales tax is charged.

The store sells normal merchandise, but also "sells" donations and sponsorships. The physical products are to be taxed and this money all goes to Account A. The donations and sponsorships are not taxed and go to Account B.

I can't find it now, but I had initially achieved this following instructions in an old forum post.

In HikaShop, in System->Payment methods, I added two instances of the Authorize.net payment plugin. They each have their own Login ID & API stuff. Let's call these Payment A and Payment B. Payment A has "Restrictions" set up with a minimum weight of 0.00001 and minimum volume of 0.00001. Payment B has a maximum weight of 0.00001 and maximum volume of 0.00001.

I swear I tested this and it was working when the store opened. But now (and for more than a month) it shows both payment methods at checkout. The physical products have weights & dimensions. The others do not. This doesn't even seem relevant, as both payment methods show regardless of what's in the cart. It seems like the restrictions are being ignored. I have tried adding minimums and maximums (instead of leaving them blank) but saw no change.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way to do this?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #277804

Hello,

Because it was your very first post in our forum your message needed to be approved (to avoid the spam).
Unfortunately, the information requested by our ticket system are lost in the process.
Would it be possible to know which HikaShop version number you're using (and the build number) ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...onfig.html#main_main

Regarding your configuration ; it would be better to just use the weight and not use "weight + dimension"
And for the second method, you do not need to specify a maximum (and for the first one, do not need to specify a minimum).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #277812

Hi Jerome, I am using HikaShop Business 3.1.1 [1706082210] in Joomla 3.7.5.

I have adjusted the restrictions in each payment method to only use a minimum weight of 0.00001 on one, and a maximum weight of 0.00001 on the other. Both options still appear at checkout, for an order with only physical products or only virtual products.

It seems like the restrictions aren't being factored in for some reason. They do show on the methods screen, as you see in my previous screenshot, but when I open a method to edit, the restrictions box is unchecked and hidden. I don't know if this is just a toggle for advanced setup, or if it's relevant..

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by itsyourit.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 7 months ago #277831

Hi,

Weight restrictions only support up to 3 decimals. So 0.00001 will be rounded to 0 and thus will be skipped.
So please take that into account.

The following user(s) said Thank You: itsyourit

6 years 7 months ago #277884

Nicolas, I have adjusted the values in the restrictions to 0.001 and confirm this fixed my problem.

I must have tested it with fewer decimal places and then changed it later to the very small values.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds