Paypal error message "Please return to the merchant and update"

• Thank you received: 11
6 years 7 months ago #278928

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

We have this message "Please return to the merchant and update your information, including your city, state, and ZIP code." on our futur website wich is in pre-production but with an another url [.net > J3.8 HS 3.2 PHP7.0.22] (not always online just when we need to proceed to a command test). Impossible to finish a command with this Paypal message "Please return to the merchant and update your information, including your city, state, and ZIP code.".
http://hpics.li/7dee16a
On the actual website in production [.fr > J3.7.4 HS 2.6.4 PHP 5.6.31 ] the orders went down (very less orders) from few days ago. We made a test command this morning and it was ok.
We use on both websites the "HikaShop Paypal payment plugin".
Same problem here www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/892053-n...tom-mods.html#278901 ?
And here (prestashop ) : www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/628048-p...th-shipping-address/ ?
Do you have any infos or solution? Is it a bug or do it need a upgrade of the paypal plugin ?
Thanks

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by gil. Reason: Hidden url

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 7 months ago #278948

Hi,

If you configure the PayPal payment method to send the address information to PayPal, then that address has to be valid.
So you have two options:
- you can configure your custom fields so that the data sent to PayPal for the address cannot be wrong.
- you can turn off the sending of the address to PayPal in the settings of the PayPal payment method.

6 years 7 months ago #278980

Thanks for your reply,

1 /About - you can turn off the sending of the address to PayPal in the settings of the PayPal payment method. :
How can I do that ? Is it the "Adress override Yes/no selector (surcharge d'adress in French) or the "customer adress" choice = noadress (adresse du client u=in French)?

2/ About - you can configure your custom fields so that the data sent to PayPal for the address cannot be wrong.
I don't really understand what and how to do this ?

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by gil.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 6 months ago #279046

Hello,

In you case, setting the "Customer address" to "No address" will probably do the job.

As it's said on the PayPal documentation :

Customer address : If you want, you have the possibility to include the billing or shipping address of your customers to the paypal payment engine. That will avoid them the hassle of reentering it on paypal if they don't already have a paypal account. That option is turned on by default.
Address override : If activated, the address specified during the checkout overrides the PayPal member’s stored address. Buyers see the addresses that is passed to PayPal, but they cannot edit them. PayPal does not show addresses if they are invalid or omitted.

6 years 6 months ago #279090

Thanks for your reply,
Yes I had read the documentation. Setting the "Customer address" to "No address" don't change anything Paypal Payment works fine on my onlinewebsite on production [.fr > J3.8.0 HS 2.6.4 PHP 5.6.31 ] but not with the one on preproduction [ tempo on .net > J3.8 HS 3.2 PHP7.0.22] ! I have now this Paypal message at the end of the process payment on paypal website: "Le système ne fonctionne pas pour le moment. Réessayez plus tard." The parameters on the paypal plugin are both the same...
Regards

6 years 6 months ago #279092

Hi,

You should turn off the "address override" setting.
That's what is forcing PayPal to use the address you provide, but if the address is deemed invalid by PayPal it won't let you continue.

And regarding your custom fields, you should activate the country field and instead deactivate the countries you don't want to support in the menu System>Zones.

6 years 6 months ago #279174

Hi,
I turned the override adress to no and had activated the contry selector in the customs fields. The France and France metropolitan are also activated in the zone aera.
At the end of the paypal process I have this message problem

I don't understand from where is the pb ...
Ps : there are no restrictions in my Paypal HS plugin configuration.

Attachments:

6 years 6 months ago #279178

Hi,

I don't see either why it would do that.
I would recommend contacting the PayPal merchant support. They'll be able to better help you since they'll have access to the logs of the errors for the payments.
The error they display to the customer is too vague for us to be able to say what is wrong.

6 years 6 months ago #279297

I will do that, thanks.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds