anyone running ADYEN payment gateway successfully?

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 5 months ago #279886

Hi,
i am currently trying to implement adyen payment gateway in my hikashop.
i always get an error: merchant signature is incorrect
searching the web, it looks like, there is a problem with sha1 vs. sha256 !?!! issue?
it should be pretty simple to set up the hika plugin:
generate a skin in the adyen settings, and enter the merchant account, hmac key and skin code in the hika plugin.
but when i try to make a payment, i always get an error, merchant signature is incorrect.
any idea?
thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 609
6 years 5 months ago #279900

Hello,

You're the first one to speak about this kind of issue, from what you said I see only 2 solutions :
- Check ALL your merchant references, especially that must match with your Ayden.com Merchant account.
It's obvious advice, but that have to be told.
- OR Ayden have change is signature processing, on our side it's actually an Hmac Sha1, and maybe they move to Sha256.
=> For be sure try this :
- Open your plugin file, adyen.php and replace ALL sha1 for sha256, and process new tests.
Awaiting news from you to update our Adyen plugin.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Philip.

6 years 5 months ago #280020

Hi Philip,

a) i checked the settings (see attachment).
there is the merchant account, skin-code and hmac key. Anything else to check?
b) i tested to change the sha1 to sha256, but no success.

any further ideas?
thanks.

Daniel

6 years 5 months ago #280079

Hello,

I remove your screenshot, in order to don't display your Adyen secret references.
For any other idea, did you contact Adyen support ?
Maybe they have a view on your unsuccesful test, like with an error code or message ?
Or you have in your Adyen account some informations about your tests ?

Awaiting news from you.
Regards

6 years 5 months ago #280143

here, on the adyen testsite, you can see, that the merchant signature is calculated incorrect.
that site also shows, that sha1 should be ok, so no need to change to sha256.
which variables are used to calculate the signature? merchant account, hmac, skincode?

no reply from adyen support so far ..

6 years 5 months ago #280184

Hi,
now the support guy from adyen changed my account to sha1 manually, and now its working!!!
so:
a) it seems like to change sha1 to sha256 in the adyen.php is not sufficient to solve it, because i tried that solution.
b) it seems like, the customer is not able to change the adyen settings back to sha1, because there is no option in the adyen backend.

solved.

Daniel

6 years 5 months ago #280191

Hello,

Thanks for your return and happy to hear that everything is solved.
Regards

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #283533

Hi Philippe,
sorry to reactivate this post but I've faced same problem with no success.
I've asked Adyen support that has switched encryption level to SHA1 but I get the same error.

My tries
1 - I've modified adyen.php file (sha256 rather than sha1) but but no success as well. So, I use the original file now.

2 - I've tried the test URL: ca-test.adyen.com/ca/ca/skin/checkhmac.shtml and I see the right data (i.e. the parameters of the payment plugin). BUT, the answer of Adyen is "Your merchant signature is incorrect" (see picture).
If I click on the "Test HMAC" button without changing anything, the answer is Your merchant signature is correct (see picture).
The only change is the "Calculated Merchant Signature" which is different (see picture before and after).
That means hikashop plugin does not calculate in a proper way?

Last point: the changelog of Adyen Version 2.2.0

Add Adyen::HPP to integrate with Adyen's Hosted Payment Pages. Adyen::HPP supports the new HMAC-256 signing mechanism. Adyen::Form should be considered deprecated and will be removed from a future release.

Maybe an update of the Adyen plugin could be a good option...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by evirvaux. Reason: Add a precise explanation of the difference between before and after having click on "Test HMAC" button.

6 years 3 months ago #283719

Hello,

Did you try to contact Adyen support like the previous user in order to mute settings in your Adyen merchant account.
And, for an Adyen upgrade we are aware of this need, and will quite soon provide a new version for this plugin and especially to leave deprecated Adyen standard.

Awaiting news from you in order to help you to move forward.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Philip.

6 years 3 months ago #283741

Hi Philippe,
yes, I have asked Adyen support before posting on the hika forum.
The guy of Adyen has switched my account to SHA1 rather than SHA256. But, the result was the same.

Very happy to read that you have planned to work on an update of Adyen plugin.

I take this opportunity to thank you for your product which is very smart and efficient. I've planned to buy the Essential or Pro version as soon as I have the CB payment working.

Eric

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by evirvaux.

6 years 3 months ago #283758

Hello,

In order to check what's going on can you provide your payment log WITH after processing an Adyen payment test ?

Note : You can use our Contact us form to provide this data, don't forget to add an Url link to this topic.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago #283908

I have recieve your Adyen log, I notice 2 points, and one that can't be important for explain why communication with Adyen servers isn't possible...
- For a reason or another, your country address field (delivery and billing) are empty... can be an issue but isn't your root issue, I guess.

- Your return Url able me to process a simple test to access your website, and I can't reached your site...

If I can't access your website, I don't see how Adyen notification can reach your website.
That's why we have no order processing signs as the plugin didn't received order confirmation from Adyen server, it's impossible to go more far.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago #284057

Hello,

For everybody, can you continue to follow this thread, if one day someone have the same issue than you this can be helpful.
Plus, the Mail support is reserved for our customer, you can just use it for provide secret data only...

evirvaux said:

"my previous test was on a NAS using for testing only (and not reachable except locally).
So, I have published the Adyen plugin on www.keyhole.fr to test in real condition.
The payment was unsuccessful (merchant signature incorrect)"

Can you provide (via Contact us form) these elements in order to process ourself some tests :
- Your HmacKey
- Backend access of your online website
- If needed, Frontend (customer checkout) access

Awaiting news from you here, especially when you have provide these elements.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago #284202

Hello,

Backend access you provide don't allow me to access your HikaShop configuration and so your log file and other stuff...
Nevertheless, I was able to process some tests, and if think I will required your Adyen Account acces to check merchant settings.
For now I suspect something wrong from your Merchant account references, but not really sure.
Awaiting news from you and important, provide elements via our Contact us form and add an Url link to this topic please.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago #284422

Hello,

I think I have an idea, please provide like usual an ftp access, in order to go more far in my tests

Regards

6 years 3 months ago #284525

Hello,

I process lots of different way to compute the transaction Hmac Key, and their is always the same issue (Merchant signature is uncorrect)...

And as, your are the only one to get this kind of issue from our Adyen plugin, I required that you contact Adyen support because there is something with your Adyen references... But can't be sure of it so far.

Tell them that we use the Hmac test url to process have this kind of results :

The most interessant about all of this is that I test 3 ways different way to compute the MerchantSig, code provide with this message.
I see only an error among your Adyen merchant references... Or something we don't think...

And show them the way I compute signature, and that I refer to this Adyen tutorial with no success...

Regards

Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #284756

Hi Philip,
the answer of Adyen hoping that will help you.

Hi Eric,
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but as I stated in my previous message the HMAC page that Philip references does not work at the moment.
The best way to test HMAC signature calculation is to sign a complete query, such as an HPP /directory call:
docs.adyen.com/developers/ecommerce-inte...tlocalpaymentmethods
Let us know if you have any further questions.
Best,
Colin

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 3 months ago #284793

Hi,

I'm taking over as Philip is in holidays and won't be back before 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, the message from Adyen doesn't help much.
So I went back to the basics. I've looked at the documentation they have online, and based on these, I've modified the code of the plugin:
docs.adyen.com/developers/api-reference/...ed-payment-pages-api
docs.adyen.com/developers/features/hoste...-merchantsig-sha-256
I attach a copy of the plugin that you can install on your website and try out.
This requires a sha256 so make sure with the Adyen support that your merchant account can work with that.

File Attachment:

File Name: adyen.zip
File Size:4 KB

Also, as Philip is not here I don't have any test account so I couldn't test my changes, so I can't guarantee that it will work but at least it's a first attempt in the right direction to support the latest documentation for Adyen.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

6 years 3 months ago #284818

Hi Nicolas,
thanks for your help.
I've asked Adyen to switch my account back to SHA256.
Furthermore, I can give you access to my website backendf and Adyen test account if you want (feel free to send me your email).
Eric

6 years 3 months ago #284832

Nicolas,

my Adyen account has been switched to SHA256.
I've updated Adyen plugin and try to use the Adyen payment with still no success.

I don't understand because I use the most updated version of Joomla, hikashop component, Adyen plugin, etc and my site is very simple.

Furthermore, before Adyen, I have tested Stripe that has worked fine.

Am I the only one having this problem?
Eric

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds