Payment method Restriction on certain product

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 5 months ago #281457

Hi Guys,
i would like to restrict a certain payment method based on a product.
To be more clear a activity (product).

Can i do that ?
if Yes; how ?

regards Jan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 5 months ago #281469

So i tried the following.

I gave the activity (event product) a weight of 0 (zero) grams)
So it is the only product with a weight of 0 grams. (all the rest are books ).
I have a payment method (pay by bank), and i set the restriction to weight 1 gram.

So far it works.
when i purchase a activity there is no pay by bank method visible.

But.... When i also purchase a book (weight 50 grams) the payment method is also not visible. And that is not correct. Because the total weight of my purchases is 50 grams.
Why is that ?

regards Jan

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #281473

Hello,

By default you can't restrict a payment method to products since the system won't know how to interact when you have several products in your cart.
But you can see to use the other restrictions such as weight/volume.

Now, you have to use the restrictions with the right combination.
Yes, if you use the weight restriction, at the moment when you have a product with a weight, the payment method will be available. It is the purpose, it's logical.
But if you combine with the volume restriction, you can also perform an exclusion ; you can set size for all products you want to exclude and require a small volume for the payment method (so by adding a product with a size, the payment method won't be available anymore).

Afterwards it's possible to restrict a payment method to a shipping method ; and thanks to the "shipping price per product" you can "block" products to use specific shipping methods. So you can have specific configuration where a shipping method can be available for a product and that method will unlock the specific payment method.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 5 months ago #281580

To further this query, I need to restrict payment methods depending on the shipping method. Sounds odd, but here's why.

I have only two shipping methods available: Pickup from drop-off point in the big city, and home delivery in our closest town. If I deliver to our home town I don't mind getting paid cash on delivery, but when I deliver to the city several hours away I need to have been paid in advance by paypal or bank transfer. Reason being I don't want jokers placing fake orders.

Is there a way to wangle this?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #281602

Hello,

As mentioned in my message ; In the payment instance configuration, you can limit (= restriction) to shipping methods.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 5 months ago #281659

Got it. It's set up and works beautifully. Thanks

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303583

Jerome wrote: Hello,

By default you can't restrict a payment method to products since the system won't know how to interact when you have several products in your cart.
But you can see to use the other restrictions such as weight/volume.

Now, you have to use the restrictions with the right combination.
Yes, if you use the weight restriction, at the moment when you have a product with a weight, the payment method will be available. It is the purpose, it's logical.
But if you combine with the volume restriction, you can also perform an exclusion ; you can set size for all products you want to exclude and require a small volume for the payment method (so by adding a product with a size, the payment method won't be available anymore).

Afterwards it's possible to restrict a payment method to a shipping method ; and thanks to the "shipping price per product" you can "block" products to use specific shipping methods. So you can have specific configuration where a shipping method can be available for a product and that method will unlock the specific payment method.

Regards,

Hi, I used this method and it's great but I have found a problem. I have blocked the use of Paypal for certain products via the checkout. However the invoice sent out has a link/icon with 'Pay now' and the drop list on our site has 'Paypal' in it. An the link works.

Can you let me know how to disable this?

Regards,
Ian and Stu

• Thank you received: 13063
5 years 2 months ago #303588

Hi,

The restrictions on the payment methods only apply while on the checkout. So I would recommend to turn off the setting "Allow customers to change their payment method after checkout" of the HikaShop configuration if you don't want the customers to be able to select PayPal after the order is created.

The following user(s) said Thank You: smithshop123

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds