Paypal not marked confirmed after Joomla Update from 3.6.3 to 3.8.3

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #286422

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Updated my Joomla from 3.6.3 to 3.8.3 a few weeks ago. Hikashop seemed to be fine on the frontend and backend (e.g., no php errors or obvious functionality differences from hikashop). However, after looking through our deposits, we noticed there have been over 50 paypal orders that we received payment from, but were never marked created in the order history. I checked the payment log and our paypal statement and nothing seemed out of place. Additionally, the customers never received the "status change" email showing that the payment had been received and order marked confirmed. What's even stranger is that some of the paypal orders were correctly processed and order marked "confirmed."

Any idea why the paypal plugin is sporadically missing some of the orders and not marking them confirmed? When an order stays as "created" in the order history, it usually means the payment was rejected or the customer aborted the payment midway through.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can give ftp or admin credentials if necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 months ago #286456

Hi,

I don't see why updating Joomla would change that. However, HikaShop 2.6.4 is missing many fixes to make it completely compatible with Joomla 3.8.3.
So of course, I would recommend updating to the latest version of HikaShop. It might just help.
Also, if you got orders confirmed but no email received by the customer, check the menu Customers>Emails log. You'll find all the emails sent by HikaShop. If you see the email there, then HikaShop sent the email to the email server software you're using on your server. And so either there is a problem with the email settings of your Joomla (do you get other emails ?) or the emails were flagged as spam ( you can check them with www.mail-tester.com/ ). I would recommend contacting your hosting support in that case and check with them why the emails logged in HikaShop were not received. They should have some log in the email server.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mojooutdoors-holden

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #286481

The orders are not being marked confirmed after Paypal confirms payment. Shows payment received on PayPal's end but the orders in hika still show created.

Also, the emails are working fine (except for the status change email). The problem doesn't seem to be with email functionality but rather the communication between PayPal and Hikashop.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 months ago #286487

Hi,

Then, if you want to debug the issue, you can follow this:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
The most likely issue I see is that the payment notification cannot be verified by PayPal server because the way the PayPal plugin does the connection to PayPal in your version of HikaShop is not optimal with recent changes of PayPal and in that case, updating HikaShop would be the solution.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mojooutdoors-holden

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #287142

I successfully updated hikashop to the newest version (after lots of debugging with cart module). Took a while as I made a custom dropdown for 2.5. Had to undo all of that for the nice new cart module you guys made.

At any rate, updating seemed to fix all of my issues. The legacy mode is an excellent feature you guys added. Wouldn't have been possible to upgrade without them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds