Integrating Hikashop with PayPal Express Cart

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #287248

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.4
-- PHP version -- : 0.0.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : not relevant
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message

To do this I see the plugin for it in the payment methods section but to enable that method it is asking for API username password and secret.

PayPal no longer supplies a username password or secret for their PayPal Express option, when I log in to my PayPal developer account and chose to do anything relating to PayPal Express it offers me one thing and one thing only, an AccessToken, along with my paypal developer email address that is.

Their older API related stuff which they have in a category called NVP/SOAP API apps no longer allows you to generate API info as they say its depreciated and you can simply manage stuff you already have.

So how am I supposed to enable the PayPal Express plugin as my payment option if it seems that it is not up-to-date with PayPal?

I really liked the look of the express features and quicker cart process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 2 months ago #287251

Hi,

I would first recommend you to check with PayPal merchant support if there is something that can be done.
You're the first one reporting that so it must be a recent change. Or maybe you're not looking at the correct place, or it requires something to be done on their end. It's best to check with them first.
regarding upgrading to the new checkout.js API, it will require a rewrite of the PayPal Express plugin following this documentation page:
developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/di...upgrade-integration/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds