Paypal Advanced payment method and please call your bank error

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 1 month ago #288559

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5

I have a particular client using the Paypal Advanced payment method using the option c with a iframe and there are a few customers who are getting declined and the hikashop error message says "please contact your bank...." in the error message and they are getting temporary holds placed on their cards.

Anyway, Paypal is trying to say that you all are displaying this error message that it is not their api doing so on the cart. However, if I understand this correctly the api communicates back with hikashop and hikashop just displays the error message from paypal itself correct?

Thanks,

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 1 month ago #288560

Hello,

Indeed there is no such message in the plugin or in the HikaShop core.
But the paypal advanced plugin do not display an error message just like that, there should be other text "around" which would indicates more about the context and from where the error is coming from (what kind of API call, etc).

So it would be interesting to have the exact error message and maybe a screenshot of the page with the message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 1 month ago #288721

Hi, thank you for the answer back and here is a screenshot of the error message. Sorry, it took me a while to get a screenshot.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 1 month ago #288723

Hi,

Thank you.
That error is definitely something that PayPal is displaying itself and HikaShop has nothing to do with it.
It's PayPal which displays that credit card form, it's PayPal which gets the credit card information directly when you click on "pay now", and it's PayPal which process the payment and displays that error if there is a problem.
HikaShop is not involved in that and if PayPal says that there is a problem with the credit card, then we can't say much besides telling you to check with the PayPal support, as you were rightfully suspecting already.
I would recommend to send that screenshot to their support with your message.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds