Assigning product point value

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 month ago #289378

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2

I am using Alta User Points as a payment method for my products.

1) Can products be assigned point values individually (not using the point to $usd ratio in the configuration set up)?
2) Can I show the point value next to the $usd value? So, I want to say product X is $14.00 and 10 Points (for example)
3) Can I just use Points for payment? If so how would I set the products up to just a point value not a usd amount?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 1 month ago #289410

Hi,

1. Well, you could create a "points" currency for that in the menu System>Currencies, but then, you would have two currencies for your shop. You would have to restrict the payment methods based on the currency and have a way for the customers to switch currencies if you want to allow other payment methods.

2. You probably can with some customization. But I don't know where you want to do that so hard to say anything more.

3. If you only have points and payment by points, create a points currency in System>Currencies, select it as main currency in the HikaShop configuration and disable the others. Then, enter the prices in points in your products.
You'll have points everywhere.

6 years 1 month ago #289551

Thank you. Where do I find the string "No payment methods found" - this message appears if the user does not have enough points to purchase a product. I would like to change the wording.

Also, I created a new currency for paying with Alta User Points only. When the price shows for a product now, it just shows the value (example "300") How can I add the word "Points" or show the symbol I created?

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by piranhapete.

6 years 1 month ago #289552

Hi,

1. If you need to change the wording of some piece of the interface of HikaShop, you can use a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

2. There is probably a problem with how you configured your currency. Could you provide a screenshot of its settings ?

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

6 years 1 month ago #289592

screenshot attached

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Jerome. Reason: Please DO NOT modify the SIZE....

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 1 month ago #289619

Hello,

Can you try to remove your symbol (Asci ?...) before PTS ? To see if that works.
Maybe this symbol in the middle of the Html code leads some error or the navigator isn't able to interpret it ?...
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Philip.

6 years 1 month ago #289652

I removed that symbol, no affect. Is it because there is no "code" assigned like other currencies? It doesn't allow me to enter a code for a new currency. Thoughts?

6 years 1 month ago #289655

Hi,

In the "Format" setting, you've used %i but with %i it uses the code of the currency. If you want to use the symbol of the currency, you need to use %n instead.

The following user(s) said Thank You: piranhapete

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds