Stripe plugin doesn't look good

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 weeks ago #290216

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4-0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6

Hello,

sorry for my ignorance, but I need some help. I am working to set up my first store, and have chosen Stripe as payment method. However I find the appearance of Stripe to look.. well, not good. It looks a little outdated, and not like a payment window where a customer would trust their credit card information.

I have read the documentation and realize that the plugin has been moved from Hikashop to Github. I have updated the plugin, but it doesn't look good (see attachment). I found this blog on Stripe (from 2013) where the payment window looks great: https://stripe.com/blog/stripe-checkout

Now, my question is - any chance to find a Stripe plugin for Hikashop looking like the one in the blog? Does anyone have it, or does the Hikashop team plan to enhance the current plugin? Is there something I can do myself in the settings?

If not I assume it would require custom development and editing of the current one (which is beyond my capacity). The blog describes it like plug & play: "We decided to build something that you can just drop in as a single tag." But I guess not, since the current plugin and the one in the blog looks so different.

I really hope there is a solution to this. Thank you for making Hikashop even better.

Stripe as it appears on my install:

Stripe on the 2013 blog:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 weeks ago #290223

Hello,

The HikaShop stripe plugin is using the Stripe V2 API.
The blog screenshot looks like to be related to Stripe Checkout (which is very different than Stripe JS).
Afterwards, we are currently working on a Stripe V3 plugin which will be compatible with Stripe Connect and via "Stripe Elements" it will be possible to use different designs.

Afterwards, you can still customize the CSS to change the Stripe V2 look.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 weeks ago #290261

Thank you. I am looking very much forward to V3 of the Stripe plugin. The ability to choose different designs will be a major step forward. I realize it is difficult to give a release date, but an estimate would be nice. Do you think it will be ready during the upcoming months?

In the meantime I will have a look at CSS for the V2 plugin.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 weeks ago #290287

Hello,

Since I still have to perform a lot of tests, I cannot provide a release date (and I don't want to give a date if I'm not sure I will be able to respect it).
But, the first version of the Stripe V3/Connect plugin will have less feature that I have noted in my list so it can be publish sonner and will be update with time (and feedback).

Regarding the support of Elements ; for the moment I just have one design and I'm thinking about the way to provide a good interface to customize it. For sure it will be possible to use view overrides.
If you want to read more about Elements : stripe.com/elements

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds