Problems setting up the PayPal payment plugin

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 week ago #291108

-- url of the page with the problem -- : myco.foxwellboxoffice.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 11.0.3

I am trying to setup Paypal on my site to allow people to pay by credit card. However, I am having problems with handling shipping/delivery.

All the shipping etc. is handled by my website and all I want to do is for the final amount to be paid via Paypal. I have therefore set the "No shipping" field on the plugin to "Yes" (see hikashop-config-1/2 attached). However, when control is passed over to Paypal and the user opts to pay by a credit card, the Paypal page insists on the user specifying a delivery option (see paypal-1). It only offers one option (Default: £0) but this is still confusing to users. Furthermore, on selecting that option it then shows a shipping address (see paypal-2) which (a) always matches the billing address even if the user has specified a different shipping address on my site; and (b) can be modified by the user, leading to potential confusion as this change does not get passed back to me.

Ideally, I do not want Paypal to offer any options to do with shipping. Is this a problem with the way I have set things up, or is this a limitation of Paypal itself?

Things are slightly better if the user opts to pay via Paypal itself (rather than with a credit/debit card) in that, though the delivery information is displayed, the user is not prompted for anything and it doesn't allow the user to change the delivery address but most of my customers are paying directly by credit card rather than using a Paypal account.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks!
Jonathan

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 1 week ago #291113

Hi,

These settings are for the address, not for the shipping method.
There shouldn't be a shipping method selection on PayPal because of these.
If you have a shipping method selection on PayPal, this normally comes from that being activated in the PayPal merchant account.
So please check on that.
www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/setup-paypal-pr...-based-shipping-5865

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 week ago #291178

You're a star! Thank you so much!

Found appropriate place in my Paypal profile and everything now working.

Best wishes
Jonathan

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds