• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
5 years 8 months ago #295102

-- url of the page with the problem -- : pumpkincutter.co.nz/
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi, I am using Business 3.5.0 and am trying to get the payment notification email sent to a third party. i have set configuration > emails to sent the Payment Confirmation email to 3 comma-separated email addresses. However it only ever sends the email to the purchaser not the administrators (this is when I manually change the status to Confirmed).

I have tried setting these emails in the Order Creation field and it sends these emails just fine but this is not ideal as since one address is a 3rd party logistics company, they need only get the email once payment has been made and not before.

I have checked the PayPal plugin and the Verified Status is set to Confirmed so I'm assuming that when Paypal sends back the paid notice that it will mark the order as Confirmed. Should the Payment Notification now be sent out ?

If I get to Paypal and then cancel, then Order status is correctly set to cancelled so that would imply that the paypal notification is working is working with SH404 and Admin tools htaccess maker.

One more thing, what do the CC and BCC emails do when configuring the Payment Notification emails under System > emails ? Should I be adding emails there ?

Thanks, Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 8 months ago #295133

Hi,

When you change manually the status of an order from "created" to "confirmed" in the backend, only the order status notification email will be sent to the customer.
The "payment notification" email is sent when a payment notification is received by a payment method which leads to an error or the confirmation of the order. So yes, when PayPal sends the payment notification to HikaShop and the order is confirmed, the payment notification email will be sent.

Also, if you want to change the receiver of that email, you have the setting "payment notification email addresses" in the HikaShop configuration. That's where you want to enter the email addresses separated by commas.

And yes, you can also enter the additional email addresses in the CC or BCC fields of the email. It will work like the CC or BCC fields of your email client:
www.howtogeek.com/128028/htg-explains-wh...en-sending-an-email/

5 years 8 months ago #295165

Thanks, so the only way to test this is to make a live paypal transaction everytime ? there didn't seem to be a sandbox mode in the payment plugin or is that the URL?

5 years 8 months ago #295168

The issue was related to this - www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...d-not-confirmed.html and as you said "You have the "enable validation mode" setting activated. This means that when the payment are done, you have to validate them on your PayPal merchant account to receive the money. Once done, HikaShop will receive the payment notification from PayPal and the order status should be changed to confirmed."

This worked and all emails are being sent properly.

Thanks, Nick

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295205

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback !

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds