Paypal notification not received (order never set to confirmed)

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 8 months ago #295660

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

Hi,

We have setup a recurring payment on our site (x10). Everything work well (including on the two paypal sides) but our site never receive back the notification of the payment from paypal in order to switch the order to the state of verified.

The log is showing the following :

173.xx.xx.xx www.xxxxxx.fr - [20/Jul/2018:21:38:30 +0200] "POST /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypalrecurring&tmpl=component&lang=fr&Itemid=669 HTTP/1.1" 403 834 "-" "PayPal IPN ( www.paypal.com/ipn )"
173.xx.xx.xx www.xxxxxxx.fr - [20/Jul/2018:21:38:30 +0200] "POST /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypalrecurring&tmpl=component&lang=fr&Itemid=669 HTTP/1.1" 403 834 "-" "PayPal IPN ( www.paypal.com/ipn )"

The itemid #669 is the one designed in the checkout process parameters (force menu item on checkout). It has a public access.

Nothing (of course ?) in the HikaShop logs.

Any suggestions ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 8 months ago #295663

Hello,

Did you check that documentation page ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nt-paypal-error.html

403 errors are generally :
- not authorized IP in the plugin setting
- connection issue with Paypal IPN server
- ACL in the Joomla menu (but yours good)

Please note that newer version of HikaShop cannot work with that Paypal recurring plugin anymore (paypalrecurring).
It was a plugin made specially for Akeeba Subscription which is no longer supported.

But HikaSubscription do have a new Paypal recurring plugin (paypal_recurring), which is compatible with the new recurring system made in HikaShop 3.2.2.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 8 months ago #295687

Yes I read and followed the documentation you indicated. I have also tried to remove all the ip.
I'll update to the last version of hikashop.
Does your last sentence mean that we can no longer do multiple payments (installments) with the regular HikaShop version (without subscriptions) ? We need a solution where people can buy our products (training courses costing several thousands Euros) and pay them, say, in 10 times (1/10 every month).
Thanks,

Laurent

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295734

Hello Laurent,

Does your last sentence mean that we can no longer do multiple payments (installments) with the regular HikaShop version (without subscriptions) ? We need a solution where people can buy our products (training courses costing several thousands Euros) and pay them, say, in 10 times (1/10 every month).

As Jerome said, newer version of HikaShop cannot work with that Paypal recurring plugin anymore (paypalrecurring).
It was a plugin made specially for Akeeba Subscription which is no longer supported.

So instead of completely dropping the support of PayPal recurring, we developed a component which will handle subscriptions and use "recurring" payment methods.

For more information :
www.hikashop.com/extensions/hikaserial.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #295756

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I know HikaSerial/HikaSubscriptions I have used it for another customer (selling software licenses). This is perfect to deal with subscriptions. For example, one could choose to pay a one year subscription every month instead of once a year without having to renew manually.

In this case my customer is selling expensive training course. These are not subscriptions. It's a "one shot" buy. We do not want these kind of purchase to appear as a subscription (mail, invoice, dashboard, etc..). These are just regular products. But we need a way to to let our customers paying them in 3 or 10 times rather than once as usual. This was a feature of the "old" paypal recurring plugin.

Is there a workaround or do you confirm that it is no longer possible to implement such a solution ?

Thanks,

Laurent

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295758

Hello Laurent,

In that case the best solution will probably be to keep the same Hikashop version you have in your website, as you won't be able to do what you need with last Hikashop versions.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 8 months ago #295798

Not the right solution.
As a long time HikaShop supporter, I regret to loose such an important feature. Being able to pay in several times sounds to be an important feature to have while playing in the e-commerce world. Not only in our cases.
We'll have to think globally our strategy. We've just renew our sub. Not sure we did right :-(

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 8 months ago #295805

Hi,

The PayPal recurring service of PayPal is not adapted to do installment payments. Doing it that way, allows your customers to stop their payments in the middle of the installments which is not something that should be possible for installment payments.
The PayPal recurring plugin was made mainly for the integration with Akeeba Subscriptions and most of it can't work anymore since AS is not available anymore. Also is was made for HikaShop 2.x and isn't adapted to HikaShop 3.x. It would require a big modification to the plugin to make it work properly with HikaShop 3.x. So we don't want to keep supporting a payment plugin which mostly can't work.
It requires instead to implement the installment integration:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal...xample_installment/#
This could be added in the future to the standard PayPal plugin, similarily to how it is done with the ATOS plugin. In the mean time, I would recommend, as Mohamed suggested, to keep the old version.

5 years 8 months ago #295870

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the detailed explanations. I understand.
The good news is that ATOS "classical" (with cert files on server side) plugin handles installments. I didn't noticed. Maybe a recent feature I've missed ?.... The bad news is the limitation to 3 installments. Is it an ATOS limitation or an HikaShop one ? Any way, we'll try to setup this option as we already use this ATOS plugin for most of our purchases. Is the 3 installments option only managed on Hikashop side or is there some setup to do on the bank side to allow this option ?

Thanks,

Laurent

5 years 8 months ago #295872

Hi,

That feature of the ATOS plugin was there since the first release the plugin was added to HikaShop, years ago.
The number of installments and the period between each is something that can be configured in the settings of the payment method:
monosnap.com/file/5OI8N7dYD1z314t3a6k0h1jPWeXoYn
I don't think that it requires activating anything on the bank side, however, things might have changed since last time I checked.

5 years 8 months ago #295987

Hi,

Currently doing some tests on subscriptions and recurring payments, I noticed that clicking on "refresh IPs" link fill the authorized ip with a series of address. With that on, we'd never received notifications. I've deleted everything in the list thus let notification coming from any ips. At that point, we've received notifications. In the oder log, these notification are set to come from IP (137.74.122.8 and
137.74.122.39) which are not corresponding to the ones given by the "refresh link" (23.56.186.*,173.0.81.*,173.0.84.*,173.0.88.*,66.211.169.*,173.0.82.*)
An explanation could be that I'm currently working from a country (Spain) which is different of the server and the seller account (France). So when I hit on "refresh link" it may "think" it has to build a valid IPs list for Spain ? Just some thoughts.
For the moment I let the field empty.

5 years 7 months ago #296028

Hi,

When you click on the "refresh ips" button, the plugin tries to guess all the possible IPs addresses based on the domain names reverse from PayPal. But yes, it's potentially possible to get notifications from other IPs.
You can enter leave the setting blank (you'll be protected against fraudulent notifications anyways as HikaShop asks PayPal to confirm payment notifications), or you can add the missing IP ranges yourself in that field.
We usually leave the field blank as it is less hassle, especially when PayPal add / change IPs for their servers.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
4 years 8 months ago #309204

I have the same problem. I am running the latest of everything and php5.7. Under access level there are no options to select or change. What is posted in red is ONLY_FROM_BUSINESS. No ability to change it.... Screen shot attached,,,, Bruce

Attachments:

4 years 7 months ago #309217

Hi,

That's normal. Access levels integration is only available with the Business edition and you have the Essential edition.
You would have to upgrade to the Business edition to get access to that feature:
www.hikashop.com/extensions/upgrade-my-version.html

Note that even without this access level option, you can use the payment plugins. The only drawback is that you can't restrict your payment methods to only some user groups.

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 7 months ago #309231

Thanks for the reply Nicholas. It was the only thing I saw that seemed off. I have had paypal notifications working for years, then it stopped.I have no clue. I went over the list of possibilities outlined in the faq, with no success with my limited skills.... Any ideas??,,,, Bruce

4 years 7 months ago #309232

Hi,

If you don't know, then I would recommend two things:
- Turn on the "debug" setting of the payment method and wait for a payment. Then, check the "payment log file" in the Files section of the HikaShop configuration. It should contain important information on why the issue happened at the end. So check there.
- Check the IPN history (payment notification) in your Paypal merchant account. It should also contain valuable information on what happened to the payment notification.
Knowing these will already help to identify the source of the problem.

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 7 months ago #309289

Thank you, I will follow up.... Bruce

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds