Completely disable prices rounding

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 7 months ago #296942

-- url of the page with the problem -- : aradtextile.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hello,

We have encountered a big problem with payments when it comes to price rounding. Due to the use of discounts, prices that are not round are being rounded and the total cost changes. This causes a conflict with paying methods like PayPal when the costs do not match.

A client already complained she maid a purchase and payed but the order did not go through to the client because Hikashop did not mark the order as confirmed.

I'm looking for a way to completely disable price rounding please.

Thank you in advance,

Guy.

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by theguy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 7 months ago #296945

Hi,

That's a common issue with PayPal. There are two ways to avoid that:
- turn off the "send order details" setting of the PayPal payment method. That way, HikaShop will only send the total of the order, and not all the product information and thus PayPal won't calculate itself the total with its own way of rounding prices and it will always match.
- alternatively, you can turn on the "round prices during calculations" setting in the Hikashop configuration. That way, the prices will be rounded during the calculations, like PayPal does when it calculates the total, and thus it will reach the same total as HikaShop.

5 years 7 months ago #296982

Thank you Nicolas for a quick answer.
I've checked and the "round prices during calculations" option is already enabled in the system. But still...
Any other suggestions please?

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 7 months ago #296987

Hello,

Did you also tried it with the "send order details" setting of the PayPal payment method turned off ?

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 7 months ago #297004

Hi Mohamed,

That's not an option We need the order details to sync with PayPal for various reasons.
Any other suggestions please?

Thank you,

Guy.

5 years 7 months ago #297010

Hi,

If the round prices during calculations setting is already on and you want to keep the send order details setting activated, then it means that the order has a special case which isn't handled properly. In that case, the only solution left is for you to provide the order number, the exact error message that you got in the notification email, a backend access and a FTP access so that we can understand the situation and reproduce it and potentially do some debugging.
Note that I would first recommend to update to the latest version of HikaShop and see if you can still reproduce the issue as we made several patches to calculations and PayPal since the 3.3 and the issue you have might actually be already fixed with the latest version.
If not, please provide the information requested above, along with a link to this thread via our contact form and we'll look at it:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 7 months ago #297149

Hello Nicolas,

We will check the the update option when my developer get's back from a short vacation.
If the update will not resolve the issue I'll send you everything you need to investigate the issue.
We'll keep you updated.

Thank you very much,

Guy.

5 years 5 months ago #299262

Hello Nicolas,

We have installed the latest version and the problem was NOT resolved.
We are unable to set prices with cents. Only round prices. This poses a great problem for us to set discounts based on prices.
I'll try to explain the problem more:
Let's say we have a product which costs $8. If I set a 30% discount the cost will be 5.6. The system will round this to $6. But, on the payment page, credit card of PayPal, the amount which is sent is $5.6. A user pays, the payment goes through Hikashop thinks that the order was no payed in full and the status does not change.

I've attached three images:
1. Rounded_discounted_price - A product which costs $17. After discount the price should be $11.9. The system rounds it up to $12.
2. PayPal_Amount - The amount PayPal expects the user to pay. This is the same when we try to pay with credit card.
3. Order_amount - The amount as it was set in the order by Hikashop.

As long as the amount sent to PayPal or credit card does not match the amount set in the order, the status will never change to approve.

This MUST be resolved. Either give us an option to disable prices rounding or resolve the issue some other way.

Thank you,

Guy.

Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #299289

Hi,

Please provide the order number, the exact error message that you got in the notification email, a backend access and a FTP access via our contact form along with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
That way, we'll be able to understand the situation and reproduce it and potentially do some debugging.

5 years 5 months ago #299376

Hello Nicolas,

This is a live website with hundreds of visitors per day so I won't be able to give you credentials. But, I can send you a copy of the website. Will that do?

Thank you,

Guy.

• Thank you received: 609
5 years 5 months ago #299405

Hello,

yes, please have a clone of your website may help us to get the root issue, but before send us references access, try to process a test order in order to reproduce the issue before we have a look and process some tests.

Use the Contact us form, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic in order to keep the link.

Awaiting news from you.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Philip.

5 years 5 months ago #299528

Hello Philip,

I've prepared a copy of the website for your inspection and sent a link for Jumbomail with your contact us form.
You are welcome to check the extensive developments we've made to Hikashop. There are some awesome features with added to it :)

Thank you and awaiting your replay.

Guy.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 5 months ago #299551

Hello,

We just tried to restore the backup you sent us using the akeeba kickstart but we are having the following error message while restoring it (cf. screenshot) : "Unexpected token )"
Can you eventually send us access to an online copy of your website so that we can directly debug and fix it on your end as we are unable to properly reproduce it on our end ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 5 months ago #299622

Hello Mohamed,

I've setup the website on a dev account and sent you the credentials via contact us form.
Please replay with your IP address as I need to temporary white list you.

Thank you,

Guy.

5 years 3 months ago #301537

Dear Hikashop support team,

Unfortunately this issue was never resolved.
This problem makes the usage of percent based discounts to be impossible to work with. I'm willing to provide witch ever tools, support and help I can offer by PLEASE, let's solve this.

Please note that this issue happens only while using discount that effect prices on product page level and will not effect discounts that are added as coupons on checkout level.

Thank you,

Guy.

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by theguy.

5 years 3 months ago #301539

Hi,

Sorry for that it seems that the contact request you sent was lost for some reason. I was able to find it out. However, you didn't provide the username for the backend access in your message. So we won't be able to properly debug the situation. Could you provide that ?
Regarding our IP address, we'll give it in our reply to the contact request so that you can white list us.
Sorry again for that, I don't know what happened here that the thread was marked as "resolved" on our end.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 3 months ago #301549

Thank you Nicolas for the quick replay.
I've sent the credentials via contact us.
BTW, we have made some amazing developments to your system. You are welcome to explore them. Maybe you'll see something you'll like :)
It's Guy, was login with another user...

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by amiella.

5 years 3 months ago #301592

Hi,

I got the accesses.
I spent some time today reviewing all the information on that topic, checking the settings on your website and trying to reproduce the issue.
We hadn't understood that the problem was that you had configured your currency to not have any decimals.
I think that's what lead to the situation.
I also see that you have the "send order details" setting activated in the PayPal payment method which might not help (because it's then PayPal which calculates the total instead of using directly the total given by HikaShop).

So I can recommend two things to try:
- Turn off the "send order details" setting. That way, it should lead to a lot less or even no errors.
- Try to install and use this new version of the PayPal plugin. It contains several patches to better handle the number of decimals setup in the currencies. With that I'm hopeful that it should work fine regardless of how you set the "send order details" setting.

File Attachment:

File Name: paypal_2018-12-13.zip
File Size:10 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

5 years 3 months ago #301662

Thank you very much for the time and effort you've put into it. I've made test on the live version after the update and it seems to be working great. Much appreciated.

Guy.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds