PP Express does not change orders status to cancel

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298238

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12

PayPal Express does not change the status of the order to canceled after canceling from PayPal page.
It works if the payment is made, it changes the status to Confirmed.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 6 months ago #298243

Hello,

I'm sorry but I don't understand the nature of the issue.
Paypal Express Checkout skip the HikaShop checkout and create manually the order when it receive the Paypal Express Checkout notification.
So there is no order in HikaShop when the customer is sent to Paypal Express Checkout ; so there is nothing to "cancel".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oxido

5 years 6 months ago #298287

It does not seem to work as you say, the command is created right after the PP Express button is pressed, as you can see in this GIF
As you can see, i press the PP Express button, i refresh the orders page and the new order is there and after that in right side the paypal page is loaded so i can make the payment.

I've also tried to set up the other paypal payment plugins, but I have a problem with each of those.
If i set Hikashop (market) Paypal Adaptive Payment Plugin as PayPal CLASSICAL, i get THIS error saying that something is wrong with the seller email, but is not, that is the address, and is a business account.

PayPal Pro is working only for 2-3 countrys, like UK USA...
And for paypal advanced i don't find Partner.
Merchant id (i have this)
Username (i have this)
Password (i have this)
Partner (i DON'T have this)

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 6 months ago #298311

Hi,

1. While what you're saying is right (and Jerome was mistaken on the fact that the order is not created before the redirection), the status is only changed to cancelled if there is an error with the payment, not if you click yourself on the cancel button. We'll look into it but there is not an easily solution to change that as the PayPal express plugin already sent the cancel URL by the point it creates the order and the order id necessary for the cancel URL to be able to cancel the order is only available after the order is created.

2. PayPal Adaptive requires your merchant account to be validated by PayPal on their end to be able to use it. You would have to contact your PayPal merchant support on that one. That's because the PayPal adaptive API is for marketplaces and the laws for it a more strict than if it's only your own shop and you don't handle payments for other vendors.

3. The partner is likely "PayPal". Note that you want to check with PayPal merchant support regarding that.

4. Note that you also have the PayPal payment plugin, which is the normal PayPal payment method most merchants use and that you didn't talk about. It only requires your PayPal merchant account email address and works great.

5 years 6 months ago #298316

nicolas wrote: Hi,
4. Note that you also have the PayPal payment plugin (...)

But using this method it is not possible to make the payment with the credit-card, only with a paypal account, right?
I will try to use PayPal payment plugin.

But PayPal Plus plugin ($50) can help me?
Is working with my current account and the buyers can pay with paypal and cred-card?

P.S.
maybe the PayPal Express plugin can be made to change the status to "canceled" by default if the return message on the store page is not "successful" ?

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by oxido.

5 years 6 months ago #298328

Hi,

No the paypal payment plugin also allows payment by credit card.
PayPal Plus also allows for it.
I would recommend to contact the merchant support of PayPal to talk to them about what solution can do what. But the PayPal standard definitely allows for payments by credit card.

And regarding the PayPal express checkout plugin, we'll look at a solution for next version of HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: oxido

5 years 6 months ago #298415

For PayPal Payment Plugin

I set it paypal as the payment method, the problem i have is
-If i use credentials for Sandbox, when i'm redirected to PP to pay, i see the page that is asking to Login with pp account or to pay with debit & credit card ( this is what i want ).
But if i change only the credentials, with the ones for live payment (paypal url, and e-mail from sandbox to live), i'm redirected to a page where is asking to Login with pp account or to create an account ( this is not what i want )
I have found a temporary solutio to be redirected to PP guest page so the user can pay with debit & credit card or pp account, but if is posibble to make this work as i want, it will be perfect.
TEMP SOLUTION:
Edit paypal_end.php from : /plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal_end.php and add the next line in your form

<input type="hidden" name="landing_page" value="billing">
After that, the user will be redirected to "PP guest page" whe he will this THIS PAGE
I also wrote to paypal about this situation, I expect their answer and come back with the update

5 years 6 months ago #298416

Hi,

While you can indeed override the landing page with a parameter that the paypal plugin would send to PayPal, there should normally be a setting to configure that on your PayPal merchant account:
developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/...optional-at-checkout

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

5 years 6 months ago #298431

hi nicolas,
yes, i have checked, even the phone number is turned off in my settings, but on the landing page is visible ( MY SETTINGS )
So I expect an answer from paypal to see what they have to say.

5 years 6 months ago #298435

Hi to all
I have modified a little the PayPal Payment Plugin to have the posibility to set the checkout by default as guest, by doing this, if you have a paypal bussines account, the user will be redirected to a page where he can pay with Debit or Credit card by default, but he still have the option to login in his paypal account.
Edit: /plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php
Search for $pluginConfig (line 23), in this array you will add next lines of code:

'landingpage' => array('Checkout as guest by default','radio', array(
                        'Billing'=>'Yes',
                        'Login'=>'No',
                )),
Search for
if(!empty($this->payment_params->image_url)) {
			$vars['image_url'] = $this->payment_params->image_url;
		}
It will be around line 152, under this pice of code add the next one and you are done:
$vars['landing_page'] = $this->payment_params->landingpage;

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by oxido.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

5 years 6 months ago #298469

Valuble information about PayPal Guest Payment page

First things first, on THIS PAGE is me trying to buy from hikashop and paying with paypal as a guest using credit card, the credit card option is not visible and i found out why.
The PayPal guest page is not available in the entire world, you can see FULL INFO HERE .

About Guest Checkout
Buyers don't always have the option to complete their purchases without using or creating a PayPal account. This option is presented based on several risk factors, including but not limited to the buyer's PayPal purchase history, PayPal cookies stored on the buyer's computer, the buyer's location, or a credit assessment. (...)

P.S.
All my problems from above are SOLVED, it can't be done! :woohoo:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds