Set two prices on our products page in Hikashop

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 5 months ago #299794

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Quantum 63.0

Hi there!

We are trying to configure our Hikashop in a way the products in our page can show two different prices, one in $ (USD) and the other one in € (EUR).

The main currency is in € but we would like to show the price in dollars too. How could we do that? Would it show the conversion automatically?

We wish you could please help us.

Thanks in advanced.

R&A Marketing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 4 months ago #299796

Hi,

If you enter only the price in dollars in your product and you have the "show original price" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration, it will display both the price in dollars and the automatically converted price in EUR if the currency is in EUR.

5 years 4 months ago #299833

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response!

We already entered the price in dollars in our product and setted the "show original price" in each menu which shows our products. It actually shows both prices but it doesn't make the automatically conversion. In fact, it shows the same price but in different currency.

I send you a screenshot so you can check how it looks. Do you know if I have to do another configuration to allow this conversion? Or what else could we do to make this right?

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #299835

Hi,

This only means that you have a conversion rate of 1 in the USD currency, in the menu System>Currencies.
You need to enter there the conversion rate you want.
Alternatively, you can also configure the HikaShop rates auto update plugin via the Joomla plugins manager. It will also require the cron task of HikaShop to be configured in the cron tab of the HikaShop configuration so that it can refresh the currency rates every day.

5 years 4 months ago #299913

Hi! Thanks for your answers.

We chose to make this change manually because we are working with Essential version, so I understand the HikaShop rates auto update plugin is only available in the Business version.

We have another question:

We have just realized we don't like how the product page looks with both currencies, so we want to show only the price in $ (setted in the products price). I mean, we want our users to see the products in $. But our bank ask us to set the "Main Currency" in EUR so we can make the payment process with no issues.

Is there any way to show only the product price but not the currency one? I have the "show original price" setting in NO, but it still shows the Main currency price.

How could I fix this?

Thanks!!

5 years 4 months ago #299914

Hi,

You need to unpublish the USD currency and only leave its "displayed" setting activated.
Then, you need to configure the geolocation plugin and in the different country zones, select the "USD" currency.
That way, when someone access your website, the "USD" currency will be preselected for him.
And he will only see the prices in USD.
However, when reaching the checkout, he will be automatically switched back to EUR with a message telling him than the EUR currency will be used for the payment.

5 years 4 months ago #299973

Hi,

I couldn't find the Geolocation plugin.

I'm afraid this plugin is only available for Business Edition? Now we are using Essential Eddition of this component. The only one available in my version is System - Tassos.gr GeoIP Plugin... Is there any solution in this case?

However, how could I check this really woks if I am located in an EUR zone?

PD: Where could I find the its "displayed" setting?

Thans in advanced.

R&A Marketing

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Ramarketing.

5 years 4 months ago #300001

Hi,

The geolocation plugin is only available in the Business edition:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...hop-geolocation.html
It seems you're using the Essential edition, so you would have to upgrade to get access to it. You can do that via the link provided in the menu My account>My subscriptions, you'll only pay the difference between the Business and the Essential edition.

In order to test the geolocation plugin once you have access to it, you can use online web proxies. For example, for the USA: webproxy.to/

The displayed setting is available in the System>Currencies menu as I was saying. It's a column of the listing and you can click on the icon to change the status for each currency, like you can do with the "published" setting.

5 years 4 months ago #300509

Thanks for everything! We have solved it! :)

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds