Paypal payment method

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 5 months ago #300669

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 7.2.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : 3.8.12

Hi,

My customers are mainly using the currency MAD (Moroccan dirhams) for their purchases on the website.

I want them to be able to use the paypal during the checkout.
This is only possible if I force the main currency as USD and price the products as MAD then the customers are able to see both when navigating products and checking out: Ex. price displays as:
$169.04 (1 536,77 MAD)

As payment method I am using: HikaShop Paypal payment plugin

Here are the issues that I am currently having and with which I need some help:

1- The VAT (Tax) in the checkout only displays in USD
2- The total in the checkout only displays in USD
3- The outgoing order emails only display USD. Thus it is confusing as the MAD amount is not included

Thanks,
Saad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 5 months ago #300674

Hi,

That's how it is supposed to be.
If you want to add the information of the price in MAD, you'll have to calculate it with the currency rate of the MAD currency (so you'll have to first load that information from the database with a MySQL query and then do the calculation and finally the display of the price, in the view files where you want these.
For the checkout, you'll want to edit the file "show_block_cart" via the menu Display>Views (supposing that you have the "checkout legacy" setting deactivated in the HikaShop configuration.
And for the emails, you'll want to edit them via the menu System>Emails.
If you're not a developer, you'll have to hire one to help you with that customization.
Any PHP developer should be able to do that. You can also contact our partners for such customization:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 5 months ago #300716

Thank you, Nicolas.

I very much appreciate the detailed response on how to proceed.

Let me step back for a moment as I fear going down a rabbit hole if I proceed with all these code changes.

My use case is very straight forward:
I need to allow my customers to purchase my products and checkout using paypal.
Paypal does not "support" my customers currency. In this case MAD.
My customers should still be able to use the Paypal payment method and pay using USD or Euros when forwarded to the Paypal website.
Is this possible? How can I do that?

In simple terms: How can websites using Hikashop allow their clients to use the Paypal plugin even when the currency is not "supported" and default the currency to USD/EUR when forwarding the client to the paypal website for payment?

Thanks,
Saad

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 5 months ago #300717

Hi,

The solution I would recommend and which doesn't require any code customization is similar to what you were describing on your first message in this thread: The MAD prices are displayed in the products listings and product pages, but then, during the checkout, it switches to the USD currency so that the PayPal payment method can be used with the USD currency.

If you want to keep your orders and notifications in MAD and only have the USD amount when the customer is redirected to PayPal, that would require modifying payment plugin so that it would convert the amount to pay back and forth between the currencies.
The modifications would be less significant doing it like that.
We don't allow for that as it is quite confusing to have one currency on the website and then another during the payment, and it would likely scare a lot of customers when being redirected to another website with a different amount to pay than what they were excepting at the end of the checkout, so I can't recommend that compared to what you're already doing. Of course, the best would be to use a payment gateway which supports the MAD currency. It would be even better for your customers.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds