Payment not paid immediately and credit card provider Postfinance

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302711

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.121time.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.2

Good afternoon

I have an issue with the function ”Payment of Orders not paid immediately” and Postfinance, Swiss well established fat provider.

When you pay an order by credit card on Postfinance, the OrderID is transmitted (Order Reference below on the image). And it can be transmitted only once according to the historical financial design of Postfinance institution.

It means that if you interrupt or cancel the transaction by closing the Postfinance transaction window, it is impossible to submit again the same order for payment since the orderID has already been used/transmitted the first time.

So we can’t use the function ”Payment of Order not paid immediately”. This must apply for all customer using Postfinance.

It was also confirmed by their customer service. There are no possibility to de-activate this ”restriction”.

I think it is completely illogical (and definitely e-commerce unfriendly) since you may want to use another card after having started the payment process, or for instance the limit was reached and you want to try later, or you changed your mind for any other reason…

But since it is impossible to make Postfinance move or take care of this aspect (we are in Switzerland, big don’t move; seems to go faster in France ;-), my question is the following:

Is there any possibility for Hikashop to generate/send another orderID when you click on the button ”Pay Now” of an existing order (in the mail order created or in My Account) and thus attribute a new ID (next random number) to an existing order (kind of update ID)?

I imagine that the function ”Reorder” in my account creates a new order, but it may look far more complicated for customers rather than just to pay an order (that you don’t want to modify) in one click from the mail you received for instance. Further you need to go in My Account and it is not obvious that this function exists

it is a pity for Postfinance merchants not to be able to use this function since payments by credit cards that haven’t gone through are quite frequent. And they are mostly forgotten and remains in the lists…Further we can’t use any mail reminder for orders created since it is not later possible to ”Pay Now” if a unfinished process payment was submitted before by the customer.

Thank you for your help.

Jean-Loup

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 3 months ago #302713

Hi,

If the ORDERID parameter of postFinance accepts alpha numerical values as I can read online, you could change the line:

"ORDERID" => $order->order_id,
to:
"ORDERID" => $order->order_id.'A'.uniqid(),
That will add a random set of numbers/characters to that parameter.
And HikaShop should still be able to recognize the order_id during the payment notification as it casts it into an integer before using it:
$order_id = (int)@$vars['orderID'];
Let us know how this goes. It would be a simple solution to this problematic.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jean-loup

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302722

It took 5 minutes to validate your solution which works perfectly :-)
You guys are just amazing...

Small question, any chance to have the file replaced during a next update?
Thank you again

JL

5 years 3 months ago #302734

Hi,

The file will be replaced on each update.
Is the order id entered there appear on your postfinance merchant account somewhere ?
Because we might want to add that change only when the "allow payments of orders not paid immediately" setting is activated.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #302782

Hi Nicolas, I made a quick process illustrated, maybe will help?

First creations of the order

Then payment with credit card, the order ID are the (3) first number on the top at beginning

Then I cancelled the transaction and call it again clicking on the PAY NOW in the mail received.
Second mask with order reference on the top. The order ID is still the first numbers

So order confirmed. All good.

Print screen of the Postfinance transaction list from their backoffice

And no error in the postfinance logs since the modification

So as you mentioned maybe not all providers want a different ID submitted later for a same order.

You could maybe propose it as an additional option under CONFIGURATION/ORDER "Payment of order..." like "Randomize ID" that can be activated only if the customer's provider want different ID?

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #302783

And the 2 reports of the transactions on Postfinance

Transaction aborted

Transaction acheived

Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #302808

Bonjour,

Merci du retour.
D'après ce que je vois, ajouter cette modification par défaut dans tous les cas ne semble pas être un problème.
Nous allons donc inclure cette modification pour la prochaine version d'HikaShop.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #302815

Effectivement!
Bonne journée
JL

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds