Limiting the order quantity of a product

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #6914

In the demo shop, if you go to the product page for the buthcer knife, it displays that there are 9 items in stock.

I can press the increase quantity button several time until the display indicates that I would order 10 (or more) items. I can also type 10 (or more) in the box. Then when I press the Add to cart button, it only adds 9 items.

While it makes sense that only 9 items are added to the cart because only 9 items are available in stock, I do not think that a customer should be able to type in more than the available items in stock. Or if they do and they press the add to cart button, that a warning message or pop-up window alerts the customer that only 9 items are in stock, and that only 9 item can be ordered, and that only 9 item were added to the cart.

1. Can the software allow for this feature?

Another related question I have regards the display of the items in stock. Can the store owner set the quantity of an item in stock, but not have it displayed on the order page. I would want to make sure that the software keeps track of the correct quantity in stock of all of the items displayed in my store (and also limits the customer from trying to order more than is available if they do enter a quantity greater than what is in stock, see above queation). But I do not want the customer (or anyone browsing the store) to know what my in-stock quantities are (unless they actually try to order more than what is available).

2. Can I control the stock in the back-end of the software with the maximum quantity, but not display this information on the front-end?

Thank you,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 1 month ago #6917

Hi,

1. Actually no one complained about the way it's done actually. I agree though that it would be nice to have a message when you try to purchase more that the stock available. We'll look at adding that for next release.

2. You can just override the translation string in the config under the tab language so that it doesn't display the stock message.

13 years 1 month ago #6926

Hello nicolas,

Thank you for your very quick and helpful reply. Hopefully you will be able to add the noted message in the next release. And the suggestion on the overide is perfect.

Thanks

12 years 11 months ago #15170

Hello,

I am trying to work out how to add the number of items in stock to the product page. I cannot seem to find how to do this so that it shows up like it does on the demo page mentioned below.

Please can you advise.

Many thanks

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 11 months ago #15181

Hi,

You just need to add your product stock count in the "quantity" field of your product and it will appear on the product page.
If you have the shop in catalogue mode, it won't display. If you don't have any price, it won't display either.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds