What is Purpose of Change Image Button?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8249

Hello,

I was trying to change one of the product images by using the Change button in the Product Images panel, but it offers no way to actually change anything other than the Name associated with the image. You can't change the actual image and text added in the WYSIWYG editor box doesn't appear anywhere that I could find. Just curious if there are future plans that would enable additional changes to product images other than changing the name?

Also, when the Product Copy feature is used, images in the new product (copy) are in a different order and appear on the Product page in a different order. Is there a way to control the order that multiple images appear on the Product page?

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
13 years 2 months ago #8250

Hi,

There is no other purpose for now. The description doesn't have any purpose for now either. We'll see...Maybe we'll remove that in the future unless we found it another purpose.

For the copy of products, could you try to change the line:
$query = 'SELECT * FROM '.hikashop::table('file').' WHERE file_ref_id IN ('.implode(',',$all_ids).') AND file_type IN (\'product\',\'file\')';
to:
$query = 'SELECT * FROM '.hikashop::table('file').' WHERE file_ref_id IN ('.implode(',',$all_ids).') AND file_type IN (\'product\',\'file\') ORDER BY file_id ASC';

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php ? That might be enough.

13 years 2 months ago #8251

Nicolas,

Making the suggested change does keep the product images in the same order when the product is copied, but if I wanted to change only the first image (primary product image) and leave the others, the only way to do that would be delete them all, add the new primary image, then add back all other images. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Ed

13 years 2 months ago #8252

Indeed

13 years 2 months ago #8261

Another question regarding product images; When a product is copied, are copies of associated images copied as well? I thought they probably would be, but don't see any duplicates in the upload folder.

Thanks,
Ed

13 years 2 months ago #8263

The physical image is not duplicated. Only the entry in the hikashop_file table is. When you delete an image, hikashop will check if it is used by other entries in that table and only delete it nothing use it anymore.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds