Questions about Hykashop

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 11 months ago #13958

Hello,

I’m doing some research on webshops for joomla.
I think Hykashop is quite interesting webshop, but I got some questions which I can’t find the answers to and I need to know for sure before I choose Hykashop.

- Is there an Ideal payment method available for Hykashop?

- I want to make a webshop for postcards. For this I want customers to fill in the text they want printed on their cards. I want this field to be shown beneath the number and add to cart button (or in the description field beneath the image if this is anyeasier). After this you go to the checkout page and fill in the required data to make the payment. I also want the text (which will be printed on the card) to be shown on the checkout page, so people read it once again and can approve/or change it. Is this possible?

Regards,

Smedia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 11 months ago #13978

Hi,

Yes, there is an iDeal payment plugin made by Chill Creations since few days ago: www.chillcreations.com/joomla-extensions...omla-extensions.html

You can do that by creating a new custom field of the table "item" via the menu Display->Custom fields in the Business edition of HikaShop. It actually displays above the add to cart button of the product page but you could have it display below quite easily by editing the view file and switching both block of code.
You can test that on our demo website demo.hikashop.com

12 years 11 months ago #14169

The component looks and feels great!
I still got a question though. How can I change the look of the price. Everywere where a price is displayed the euro sign is placed behind the price. I want it be shown first (before the price). Can you help me out?

12 years 11 months ago #14171

You need to go in the menu System->Currencies and edit the euro currency. You will be able to change the way prices are displayed in that currency with the options on the right: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ncy-form.html#locale

12 years 11 months ago #14234

Once again, thnx for you’re quick reply. But once again I got another question.

Like I said, I want to make webshop for ordering postcards. The more you order the cheaper it gets. This works just great with characteristics! But next to this changeable price another fixed price amount needs to be added to the total price. By this I mean:
- When you order a postcard whitout a print the extra costs will be 0 euro
- But when you want the card to be printed on one side the fixed extra cost of 50 euro must be added to the total of that specific price of that card.
- And when you want the card to be printed on 2 sides the fixed extra cost of 100 euro must be added to the total of that specific price of that card.

That means if I order 2 different cards both printed on one side an extra amount of 50 + 50 = 100 must be added to the total price (next to the price of the card and the amount of cards ordered).

For example:

50,00 = 50 cards x 1,00 euro
50,00 oneside print
80,00 = 40 cards x 2,00 euro
50,00 oneside print

230,00 Total

It think it needs to be some kind of charasteristics only with fixed price amount.

Is this possible?

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by smedia.

12 years 11 months ago #14301

Why not have a second characteristic for the oneside/bothside choice in your products ?
You can set the price individually for each combination of the characteristics, so you will be able to do that.

12 years 11 months ago #14716

Ok, you can create multiple combinations with combo's of characteristics. But I need to add a fixed price. And I cant get it done.

The print is a fixed amount (in the example above 50). This price must not multiply with the quantity of cards that you order. The quantity of the cards needs only to multiply with the price of the card.

So there's a fixed price and a price that is variable by quantity and they need to multiply.
Can you tell me how to configure this?

12 years 11 months ago #14720

Then, you would need one more characteristic to define the quantity of cards in the product.

12 years 11 months ago #14791

Can you explain this to me with an example how to configure this?

12 years 11 months ago #14799

You already have one characteristic "side" with two values: "one side" and "both side".

You can create a second one "qty" with several values: "50", "100", "150", etc

Then, you create a new product and you add your two characteristics and click on the "manage variants" button. There, you can set a price for each variant.
Then, on the product page, the user will be able to select the side and the quantity dropdowns and the price will be for the whole pack.
You can then hide the quantity input boxes with the value "no input" of the option "Display the quantity field on the product page" of the configuration and some CSS for the other ones.

12 years 11 months ago #15106

Hi Nicolas,

Thnx for giving me a clear example. I thought it would be working like that, but I wanted to be really sure before taking a conclusion and buy Hikashop.

The option you give me with the characteristics fixed amounts is not flexible enough for the shop I want to build. This because of the multiple characteristics I want to use (colour 'at least 2', type of printing 'at least 3', amount 'flexible from 1 till 250'). In the webshop I want to make, you can order 1, 97, 28, 70, 39 or any card amount you want to have. If you multiply these flexible amounts with the characteristics, I have to fill in at least 1500 different price settings per product to make it work. This is way too much, so unfortunately Hikashop is no option for this shop. Or there has to be some kind of plugin where you can add some fixed price amounts at the checkout (something like the shipment plugin, only then with 3 kinds of printing as option). Maybe this is an option to work on the future???

Despite this conclusion I want to say that Hikashop looks great and feels great! To bad it doesnt fit this webshop.

Thnx for youre help!

12 years 11 months ago #15131

Indeed, if you have a lot of characteristics, that's not an option.
We are currently working on an "option" feature which will fill that gap. The options will display like characteristics but will be separate products so you won't have to set one price for each combinations but only the price of the option itself.
That should be available in next version of HikaShop in one or two weeks.

12 years 11 months ago #15155

That would be a great addition to the shop!

Another thing I ran into when testing Hikashop is a bug with a tabber plugin I use.
I want people to see the product description in different tabs to clarify all the given information. In the beginning, when going to the product page, the tabs work fine. But when you change/choose a characteristic the tabs dont work anymore. Can you tell me why this is? And do you got a solution for this problem? I think its got something to do with the reload of the page when you choose a characteristic. Maybe some java bug?
I use this tabber http://www.nonumber.nl/tabber

I like the looks with tabs and (if possible) would like to keep it in my design.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #15166

Hello smedia,

Regarding your tabber question, Nicolas addressed a similar problem I had in this post: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...eristic-changed.html

I was able to get it to work using his suggestion, but as stated in the post, you lose the ability to have different descriptions with each variation of a characteristic.

Regards,
Ed

12 years 11 months ago #15167

Works like a charm!

Thnx for youre post Ed!

12 years 11 months ago #15213

Nicolas,

So whitin two weeks you will have a Hikashop version with this option build inside?
I can get a deadline suspention from my client. But if I play this card, I have to have a confirmation that you really can deliver this new version whitin these 2 weeks in an alpha version.

Can you please give me confirmation about this?

12 years 11 months ago #15229

There is already a pre version on our end with that feature included. So yes, in two weeks we will have it out of the door. If you want, we can send it to you so that you can test it and report us if you have issues with it. If you're interested in that, please use our contact form to request it and we will send you a pre version install package of the essential edition which you can run locally or online if you have an essential version (or if you have a business license we can send you a pre version of it, just let us know in your message).

12 years 11 months ago #15240

I filled in a form to get me a pre release.

Still got another question though :P I want to place the Hykashop login module at a specific position so people can login at every page. I thought it would work the same like placing another module in Joomla, but there's no Hykashop login module to choose from in my backend.

Where can I find such a module?

12 years 11 months ago #15245

There is no HikaShop login module.
You need to use the joomla login module.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds