Display settings do not work? [Solved]

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #14879

Hello,

I have a problem with the display settings.
I wanted to disable the rounded corner. So config -> display -> Rounded corner = no
I even tried to go to the menu manager -> my menu -> My Products -> Hikashop Options -> Rounded corner = no,
but this doesn't work, too.
I don't get how to change it.
And the same happens when I want to change the number of columns.

Please help,

Regards,

Storm

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Storm15.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 11 months ago #14892

The first option is the DEFAULT option which is only for NEW menus and modules.
The second one applies indeed to your menu. However, if your menu is a "category listing", the options applies to the categories listing and not the products listing below which is displayed by an associated module.
When you are in the hikashop options of your menu, you should have, in the associated module option, a link to the options of the associated modle responsible for displaying the products and you will find the settings which apply to the products listing.

Also, an alternative is to set your default settings and create a new menu...

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 11 months ago #14928

I second this problem. Business 1.4.9. To replicate this problem:

1) create from the Joomla Menu Manager a category list menu entry. Apply
2) Click on the link edit configuration: Add an associate modules and set the configuration in the Parameters for DIV (we set to grey the background)
3) View the category view the assoicated modules. All associated modules have a grey div notwithstanding we have specified different colours for the specified modules. In fact checking the css output we have
#hikashop_category_information_menu_15 div.dacshop_subcontainer {
background:#CCCCCC;
}
#hikashop_category_information_menu_15 .dacshop_rtop *,#dacshop_category_information_menu_15 .dacshop_rbottom *{
background:#CCCCCC;
}

which is the set in the category menu configuration

and

#dacshop_category_information_module_52 div.dacshop_subcontainer {
background:#FFFFFF;
}
#dacshop_category_information_module_52 .dacshop_rtop *,#dacshop_category_information_module_52 .dacshop_rbottom *{
background:#FFFFFF;
}

which is set in the associated module configuration.

The browser is taking the first value and ignoring the second. For us it would more logical the other way round. That any configuration in the associated module overrides the menu configuration 'Parameters for DIV'.

Anyway we go back to edit the menu entry to modify the Parameters for DIV, but this option is not longer visible. See attachment.

Very strange. The only to resolve this problem is to go into the database and the hikashop_config table and cancel the config value for config_namekey 'menu_xx'. You loose all the configuration values for the menu but you can set the Parameters for DIV. Save it and re-enter again and it is not there to modify again.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #14930

It worked.
I did it here:

menu manager -> my menu -> My Products -> Hikashop Options -> Associated Modules -> pick the right module

Thank you very much.

Sincerly,

Storm

12 years 11 months ago #14932

Okay further investigation has revealed the problem.

1) Set up two categories 'Parent Category' and 'Sub Category'
2) Put the products into 'Sub Category', don't put any products into the 'Parent category'
2) Create two menu entries
i) Parent Category -> category listing with 'Type of Layout' set to List
ii) Subcategory -> product listing with 'Type of Layout' set to div
3) Configure the module associate with the 'Parent Category' set the type of layout to div and set the background to red
4) Set the 'Parent Category' so you view the category listing. Click on the 'Subcategory Link' and you will be viewing the Module Associated with the Parent Category Menu. No red background because as I said in my previous post the CSS configuration set in the Menu configuration overrides the values set in the associate module. For me this counter-intuitive. Worse still is that if you go back to configure the 'Parent Category' parameters, because you have set the 'Type of Layout' to list you don't the Parameters for div. And you could mistakenly, as I did, believe that you can not the Parameters for DIV. Anyway if you set the 'Type of Layout' to div for second, change the background colour background to red. Change the 'Type of Layout' back to 'list' and save.
Now when you view the associated module the divs are red.

Suggestion to make this easier to understand
1) Don't hide any of the parameters. While hidden some of the options can make the page less cluttered it is so easy to overlook a value. It took me 30mins to work what as going on.
2) Allow the configuration of the assoicated modules override the values set in the menu.

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by jameswadsworth.

12 years 11 months ago #14948

That's really strange. We tried to set a color for a category listing menu and then set a different color for the associated module of that menu. But each listing had its own color correctly set as expected. So basically, we couldn't reproduce it.

Could you give a short step by step on how to reproduce the problem on our demo website ?

12 years 11 months ago #15068

Hi Nicolas, I can confirm that on your demo site and our clean install Business 1.4.9 everything is displaying correctly.

12 years 11 months ago #15087

Would you have a link to the page where that problem occurs if you still have it so that we can have a look ?

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds