Extra Taxes

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #16634

I need help. For some reason some of my categories have suddenly added on extra taxes. I don't want the prices displayed with the taxes but for some categories they are, and then at checkout it adds even more taxes. I can't tell what's caused this!

bentbutterflydesigns.com/shop/

You can see what I mean, in Bracelets there is extra tax but in Earrings its fine!

What am I missing?

Thanks!

----

ARGH! The menu item got changed. I think that will work now. But if the taxes are displayed on the page itself, why are they being doubled at checkout?

~Liz~

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by bentbutterfly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 11 months ago #16652

What do you mean by doubled at the checkout ?
I went on your website and tried to buy something:
Total 50.00 CAD
Shipping 5.60 CAD
Taxes 6.60 CAD
Final total 61.60 CAD

So I see one line of taxes, not two. So, I don't see the problem.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #16660

What ended up happening, was that under the Menu Item, it said on some to Display Taxes. So when that was selected it would show the taxes on the items, but then when you clicked into checkout it would add a second tax to the total order, ontop of the "displayed" tax.

Is there any way around this?

Also, Is there a way to turn off emails being sent to customers who create an order, we only want it to send when they actually make the purchase.

Thanks for your help!

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 11 months ago #16664

I'm not following you. Could you do a screenshot of the tax problem because everything was OK when I tried ?

There is no option to turn off the order creation email, however, if you go to System->Emails (Business edition only) and edit the order creation notification, you can add the code below in order to disable it:
$data->customer->user_email = '';

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds